Site (domain) outage update

Still can't connect to Neowin.net proper, but I've noticed avatars and siggys started showing up today when connected to neow.in. :)

so glad everything's back to normal!  :)

Nothing to report yet. The domain was pulled due to one of the many email addresses attached to our account not working and it relates to this http://community.discountasp.net/threads/new-icann-rule-could-lead-to-the-suspension-of-your-domain-name.21196/ it was an email address I used to create the account in 2000, but it wasn't used as a technical or administrative contact address for the whois, it is however the contact address for the account, which is where ICANN had an issue with :/

Changing the email address is not an easy thing to do where our domain is located, due to all the safeguards added to the account as well, but I have initiated a change of email request and am currently waiting on documents from our accountant that prove to them who we are, because it's the weekend this isn't going to be resolved until the working week starts. I have been contacted by our domain registrar but haven't received a response since I contacted them back yesterday morning with the information they requested to get the domain moved back into our account and unsuspended.

Hopefully they will unsuspend the domain quickly without the need for the change of email on our account (which takes between 5 and 7 days) because those two things are separate, so it could happen today but it might not.

I don't know anything more than that, and when I do I will post it on Twitter/Facebook and here, in the meantime you'll have to be patient, just like me.

Steve, if we are reading this then the lift has been granted. :-) thanks for filling us in. :-)

Finally! I was able to visit the site with neow.in but I couldn't log in. I'm glad this issue was resolved.

^ can you point out the specifics where on what grounds registrar can take down your domain like that.. Seems you found them? I really have not been able to find where that is spelled out like what happened.

To me it was just the registrar/reseller being lazy about contacting someone that had not updated, etc.

If the Internet is going to fall apart, it's going to be from DNS abuse. 

DNS is the Achilles' heel of the Internet. It needs to be replaced.