CryptoChomper Mining Pool

Hey Everybody,

Bit of shameless advertising here I'm afraid! I've setup a pretty new pool provider but would like some advise from the community as to what coins you'd like to mine. We'd be happy to set up any coin at 1% fee for you all to come and mine to your hearts content! Currently LeafCoin is our most popular pool but we have plenty of other Coin Types.

As a bit of a background to our Server setup we have dedicated MySQL, Coind, Apache and Stratum Servers as so the load is balanced and failure rates are reduced. Additionally, if a box was to go down I could simply move DNS and get you all back online within a few minutes.

Well, for those who're curious we've setup a basic blog to document things over at www.cryptochomper.com and you can also find links to our pools if you'd like to check them out.

Thanks Guys,

Chris

How... do I start? Like say I wanted to mine leaf coins.. how do I do it?

Hey - well, ideally you need a decent GPU to mine any kind of CryptoCurrency, but CPU mining can be good enough to learn the basics before you invest any real money into mining.

Essentially you'll need CGMiner (GPU) or CPUMiner (CPU). If we use CPU mining as an example, you'd download the minerd.exe and then run it in command prompt pointing it to the pool you want to mine on.

So, if you were to sign up to leaf.cryptochomper.com as firey and then configure a worker called 'desktop' with the password 'password' you'd take a look on the 'Getting Started' page on our pool for the Server details and then run a command as follows:

minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://leaf.cryptochomper.com:3444 -u firey:desktop -p password

Then you'd be mining away, but just bare in mind that CPU mining is very slow compared with GPU mining. My i7 can get around 50MH/s, but a GPU can get upwards of 1GH/s if pushed.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Hey - well, ideally you need a decent GPU to mine any kind of CryptoCurrency, but CPU mining can be good enough to learn the basics before you invest any real money into mining.

Essentially you'll need CGMiner (GPU) or CPUMiner (CPU). If we use CPU mining as an example, you'd download the minerd.exe and then run it in command prompt pointing it to the pool you want to mine on.

So, if you were to sign up to leaf.cryptochomper.com as firey and then configure a worker called 'desktop' with the password 'password' you'd take a look on the 'Getting Started' page on our pool for the Server details and then run a command as follows:

minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://leaf.cryptochomper.com:3444 -u firey:desktop -p password

Then you'd be mining away, but just bare in mind that CPU mining is very slow compared with GPU mining. My i7 can get around 50MH/s, but a GPU can get upwards of 1GH/s if pushed.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

My PC isn't crazy powerfull.. but I have an 8800GT Akimbo super clocked.. hhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130335 and quad core q6700 (2.6ghz per)

Is LeafCoin worth anything?

If enough people start using it, it will be.

Who am I kidding?

Well, we've made around 2 BTC from selling the 6 million we've had in fees. Which is around ?1000.