• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 8,061 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 February 2014 - 16:23

Hadn't seen a Thief topic to drop this in.

#2 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,478 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 04 February 2014 - 16:47

Sweet; loved the earlier releases of Thief.

Looking forward to picking this on up.

#3 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 16:59

I'm really interested by it since Square-Enix is the publisher and Eidos the developper. I really liked Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Tomb Raider reboot a lot.

I like what Square-Enix is doing as a publisher lately. I wonder if they own the rights to Legacy of kain ...

#4 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 4,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 17:04

For some reason I'm just not as excited about this game anymore.  Its not that it looks bad, but its just not driving me to pre-order.  I'll probably pick this up later when its come down a bit in price.

#5 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 17:12

For some reason I'm just not as excited about this game anymore.  Its not that it looks bad, but its just not driving me to pre-order.  I'll probably pick this up later when its come down a bit in price.

These days i always wait for a price drop. 60$ for a game is ridiculous imo (70$ with taxes). If it's good i'll buy it next fall for 40$ or less in the Steam thanksgiving sale. I can't afford to spend as much on games as i used to since i'm close to 40 with a family. It's gonna be one console only too again this time and it wont be before christmas 2014 (gonna be my gift probably). Last christmas i bought something like 5 or 6 games on Steam for 30$ total. All of them were kinda old except Valdis Story (awesome game btw).

#6 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

• 501 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 23:34

I honestly have never played a Thief game (Shameful I know) but after seeing that trailer I was pretty sold on this game. I was going to wait to pick it up but since EB Games had a pre-order and get $10 off the price deal, I just couldn't resist.

#7 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,414 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 04 February 2014 - 23:54

Want want!

#8 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 23:56

I love these types of games.

#9 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,499 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 05 February 2014 - 00:04

I'm not impressed. After playing games like Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (which is by the same studio) this just looks weak - graphically, gameplay-wise, presentation, narrative, etc. Nothing I have seen has me even slightly excited, despite liking stealth games.

#10 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,815 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 05 February 2014 - 00:23

Nice, hope they do the original justice.  (And since we're remaking a game from Looking Glass.. how about putting a remake of System Shock on the to-do while we're at it?)

#11 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

Jennifer Love Hewitt worshiper

• 1,248 posts
  • Phone: HTC One GPE

Posted 05 February 2014 - 00:46

Looks interesting. It has a Skyrim feel to it, sort of.

So, I know I'll get heat for this, but what's the resolution/FPS for Xbox One and PS4?

#12 Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim

GROOVY_!

• 7,313 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:30

I'm not impressed. After playing games like Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (which is by the same studio) this just looks weak - graphically, gameplay-wise, presentation, narrative, etc. Nothing I have seen has me even slightly excited, despite liking stealth games.

Dishonored was a simplified piece of crap in comparison to the quality of the first 2 thief games.   (and I did like to play dishonored and I did finish it)

They were masterpieces (severely limited by the hardware abilities of PCs at the time). Gameplay and the story narrative were second to none!

Not sure how this game will compare, but I hope it will be real good, and they try to get the formula from first 2 games, and not dumb it down too much.

Hopefully this is the reboot, so they will use the best parts from the first thieves to make this one!  Even if they mess up gameplay, the story should be top notch!

#13 margrave

margrave

Neowinian

• 662 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:38

Is that Lightning narrating that trailer?!

#14 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 1,849 posts
  • Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:09

It looks like a game that will always have that "half baked" look to it, no matter how long it' stays in the oven...

#15 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:27

Thanks for posting this ironman. Not sure why so many people are set against it, this will be my first Thief game since like 2003 or something, and I don't even like stealth. But Dishonored was good, so giving this one a chance.