Google Wallet - Anyone use?

Not sure why I would use it to pay for stuff... It uses a virtual card in between the POS and my Credit Card. This complicates things such as return protection, bonus miles, and a host of other perks that are attached using a Credit Card.

I would imagine it isn't a problem for a debit card user, but then I wouldn't want my debit card close enough to anything to be stolen at any costs.

I would imagine it isn't a problem for a debit card user, but then I wouldn't want my debit card close enough to anything to be stolen at any costs.

I'm intrigued. I'm a debit card owner, I have no doubt that I'm not alone in this respect. Without meaning to take the topic away from the question, what extra security does a credit card have over a debit card? I assume that was the point you were making, but with the exception of the credit card money not being yours in the first place, I had the understanding that bank fraud was reimbursed if you could prove it? You wouldn't be left out of pocket, would you?

Huh, I've never thought about this before...

I'm intrigued. I'm a debit card owner, I have no doubt that I'm not alone in this respect. Without meaning to take the topic away from the question, what extra security does a credit card have over a debit card? I assume that was the point you were making, but with the exception of the credit card money not being yours in the first place, I had the understanding that bank fraud was reimbursed if you could prove it? You wouldn't be left out of pocket, would you?

Huh, I've never thought about this before...

The rules on debit card fraud isn't as friendly as credit cards, but that wasn't the overall point I was making. My point for not wanting my debit card floating in any way fraud wise is really a result of the risk of having my money taken out of my checking account. Although the bank may give me back my money after I call them and report it they won't reimburse me losses from bounced checks and other cascading effects.

Credit Card protection wise, I was referring to all the extra perks credit cards stack on. For instance, my Amex will allow me to return an item up to 90 days after purchase, irrespective of store policy. It would also allow me to get my money back if the item was lost or damaged within the same time span. A quick example that comes to mind for me was last year after buying my Nexus 4 about 2 months into owning it I dropped it and cracked the screen. Amex gave me 100% of the money back.

I have one. I'm planning on using it for places I would normally just use the debit card or cash, like the grocery store, or Red Mango.

I'm not getting any real perks from using a credit card at those places anyway.

I use the app and also have the card. It's nice, I find myself using this over a debit card. You can add money either from a credit card or linking it to a bank. If I'm making larger purchases (or gas/groceries), I tend to use my credit card, as I get rewards. 

I have both the card and the app.  I use the NFC on my phone with the Wallet app at places that take NFC such as McDonalds, or 7-11.  Best Buy takes it as well as other places.   It is fun to use at registers and more often than not, using the NFC gets the cashier curious and ask/comment about it sometimes.  Most of the time though, they will just give an intrigued look and go to the next customer, or they have seen enough of this it doesn't phase them. 

The wallet card, I have used in person, but I am using mine for a personal savings type of thing right now away from any bank accounts.  (Secret money to surprise my wife with a trip or a special gift later on.).  

With the Google Wallet app, you can link your bank account or other cards from debit cards to credit cards.  This does offer a certain layer of security in that they use a different number from your linked card at the POS terminal.  This helps prevent credit card number theft/fraud.  But, like others have said, returns of goods probably would be an issue.  Of course, at the fast food, convenience store, not really going to be an issue. ;)