Texas restaurantuer gives ill waitress huge tip

Texas restaurant owner selling restaurant to pay for waitress? medical bills

957267f994c00bce3103d14a8ff53f64.jpg

Kaiserhof Restaurant owner Michael De Beyer parting with family?s German restaurant in Montgomery to help waitress Brittany Mathis. Mathis was diagnosed with a brain tumor after treating a rash. She can?t afford treatment.

19-year-old waitress Brittany Mathis was diagnosed with a tumor after visiting her doctor for a rash. The girl doesn't have health insurance and can't even afford to find out if the growth is malignant or benign.

A Texas restaurateur is trying to dish out a second chance for his waitresses submerged in medical bills.

Kaiserhof Restaurant owner Michael De Beyer has put his family?s German eatery in Montgomery on the market to help pay for waitress Brittany Mathis? mounting medical bills after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

"I just can't be standing by and doing nothing," De Beyer told KHOU 11. "I have to try something, because it's not right."

Mathis, a 19-year-old server whose mother also works at the restaurant, discovered the growth on her brain after visiting a doctor for a rash, she told the station.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-restaurantuer-making-big-tip-ill-waitress-restaurant-article-1.1569532#ixzz2sctSStYX

huh, wonder if this guy is single...or just a really good guy.

Not single:

De Beyer stepped in and put his business up for sale, which has been in his family for the past 17 years. The man admits he also wants to unload the eatery so that he can spend quality time with his wife and two kids.

Hmm, i wonder to if the whole Obamacare wouldn't have helped that situation. I mean it's sorta required now but is it free for her or monthly cost which she probably can't afford as a young worker anyways?

She probably "makes too much" to qualify for free i'm guessing.

Hmm, i wonder to if the whole Obamacare wouldn't have helped that situation. I mean it's sorta required now but is it free for her or monthly cost which she probably can't afford as a young worker anyways?

She probably "makes too much" to qualify for free i'm guessing.

She's a waitress. She would qualify for free, since her regular income is in the $2-$3 /hr range.

And even if it wasn't free, paying a few hundred a month to cover the illness is a much better idea than either paying out of pocket for everything or selling a business to pay for it.

Every time one of these news show up, it reaffirms my resolve to never ever live in a country without UHC.

If she didn't have a sympathetic boss, what would be her fate?

"Uh-oh, you're going to die because you're poor. Sorry." :unsure:

• Like 3

Every time one of these news show up, it reaffirms my resolve to never ever live in a country without UHC.

If she didn't have a sympathetic boss, what would be her fate?

"Uh-oh, you're going to die because you're poor. Sorry." :unsure:

Couldn't agree more. 

The **** didn't she sign up for Obamacare for?

Because it's anything but affordable and she probably can't afford that either?  In the terms of the government she makes too much to qualify for "free".  Pretty much anyone who has any kind of a job doesn't qualify for free.

Hello,

Sorry but there has to be a backstory to this. Maybe the guy is in financial problems but knows he doesnt need all 2 million, so he is gonna give some to her. Thats great and I believe that.

But he is not selling it just so the girl can get treatment. As cold as it may sound, that is her issue, not his.

Im not going to continue because I know just because of what Ive said Im gonna get flamed. Plus, Im not even personally suppose to be in this section. It just blows my mind that people are naive enough to believe that the only reason he is selling is because of this girl.

Because it's anything but affordable and she probably can't afford that either?  In the terms of the government she makes too much to qualify for "free".  Pretty much anyone who has any kind of a job doesn't qualify for free.

I guarantee you she would qualify as free.