Windows 8.1 2014 Update Build 9600.16610 MSU files Leaked to Web.

Magnet links are out.

Reminder:

If you intend to install the update to your running win8.1, make sure you set a restore point, you may need to uninstall it 

- If it's too buggy

- It may be required to uninstall for installing new leaks or the final version.

WZOR confirms it can be un-installed

screen_217_zps72153e96.jpg

Do you have it up and running yet? There seems to be a way to bring up the taskbar in metro apps and the start screen with some new mouse gesture at the bottom of the screen.

Do you have it up and running yet? There seems to be a way to bring up the taskbar in metro apps and the start screen with some new mouse gesture at the bottom of the screen.

Sorry, not yet, too late for me last night, and this morning going to China.

Here's a video from @Bavo, hope it has what you wish to know.  :)

Yup, it does, you can now get the taskbar in metro apps and on the start screen but I'm guessing this will only happen if you pick to show them running on the taskbar but we'll see how it goes.

Yup, it does, you can now get the taskbar in metro apps and on the start screen but I'm guessing this will only happen if you pick to show them running on the taskbar but we'll see how it goes.

Well, no, just installed the update to my Enterprise, without modern apps showing on taskbar, and I still get the taskbar in apps screen - convenient when I wish to change to desktop applications.  :)

One interesting thing: I have win8.1Pro X64, installed all official rollup/updates, but not the leaked update(it's my main OS, so will wait for the official release), DISM shows 9600.16384

screen_220_zps9de9fba5.jpg

But for the Enterprise, DISM shows 9600.16610:

screen_221_zpse477a90c.jpgIt seems, win8.1+2014 update is treated as a new edition, something like a SP, although it doesn't get a new build no. 9601(like win7SP1 is build 7601). 

Well, no, just installed the update to my Enterprise, without modern apps showing on taskbar, and I still get the taskbar in apps screen - convenient when I wish to change to desktop applications.  :)

One interesting thing: I have win8.1Pro X64, installed all official rollup/updates, but not the leaked update(it's my main OS, so will wait for the official release), DISM shows 9600.16384

screen_220_zps9de9fba5.jpg

But for the Enterprise, DISM shows 9600.16610:

screen_221_zpse477a90c.jpgIt seems, win8.1+2014 update is treated as a new edition, something like a SP, although it doesn't get a new build no. 9601(like win7SP1 is build 7601).

Maybe it'll update when it's final?

Because Winows 8.1 Update 1 isn't a Service Pack. Service Packs contain all previous updates, Update 1 doesn't. Anyway, I'm very surprised no big sites have mentioned the new developer tools in IE11, the Improved WebGL and ECMAScript 5.1 support, etc.

*snip*

Because Winows 8.1 Update 1 isn't a Service Pack. Service Packs contain all previous updates, Update 1 doesn't. Anyway, I'm very surprised no big sites have mentioned the new developer tools in IE11, the Improved WebGL and ECMAScript 5.1 support, etc.

I'm surprise the typical HTML5 moaning hasn't kicked in yet. Guess they don't expect anything new since it's not IE12 or something.

Maybe it'll update when it's final?

Unlikely, win7SP1 builds were given 7601 when the very first build was started. :)

I know, it's not a SP by definition, but my point is it gets the status of a new version.

..... btw, it you have installed the previous leak, don't install the MSU on it, DISM reports 9600.16596 and will fail the installation.

Anyway, I'm very surprised no big sites have mentioned the new developer tools in IE11, the Improved WebGL and ECMAScript 5.1 support, etc.

I made specific thread on this: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1199359-internet-explorer-1103-spring-gdr-improvements/

Feb 6 post contain information regarding this thread on http://webplatformdaily.org/

Shame, downloaded the files, but double-clicking on them to update gives me a 'This update is not applicable for your computer' error.
By the looks of it, you gotta go through a very confusing process of adding it to a disc image and stuff. 
Might give it a miss unless theres a easy way to get it working :)

I'm starting to think we could see a update 2 before the year ends that will bring more changes before we start to see builds of Windows 9.

Over here, I can just install it on any Windows 8.1 machine. Perhaps you're missing other updates?

Shame, downloaded the files, but double-clicking on them to update gives me a 'This update is not applicable for your computer' error.
By the looks of it, you gotta go through a very confusing process of adding it to a disc image and stuff. 

Did you click the msu file? Try click the installer instead.

Untrue.  However, the updates (two of them) are in a specific order - smaller, then larger, with each requiring a restart afterward.

KB2919442 is first, followed by KB2919335.  (In the case of the x64 MSUs, they are also applicable, and applyable, to Windows Server 2012R2.)

Further, like a Service Pack or major update (naturally, this is the latter), you should have at least 20 GB (where 1 GB = one billion bytes) free on your boot partition before installing.

I tested it in a VM (x64, as is the case with my main system) before applying the x64 updates to my main system yesterday.  As long as I met the partition-space criteria, the updates applied successfully, keeping the registration intact (as it should).

I had applied other important updates the day before to my main system (specifically, a definition update for Windows Defender) the day before.  (Note: a new Definition Update for Defender should appear after applying this pair of MSUs.)

I'll be testing this update on Server 2012R2 later today.

I may have tried this :)

Run into a problem, kinda, I was using the power shortcuts in my start page but now that MS have added the power icon to the start page I don't need them, now previously, you could remove tiles by right clicking and you would get the menu at the bottom of the screen and could choose to uninstall or remove the tiles.

However right clicking on the tiles just now doesn't seem to do anything, anyone know how to remove them?

HTML5 moaning has arrived. I do hope they at least make some improvements to IE11. I know they have to keep stuff calm to attract the enterprise, but we're in an era of mobile devices. If Windows wishes to continue to be present everywhere, why not make IE11.1 with some fixes or prepare a beta of IE12 and ship it later this year? Get everything out and test it so IE will continue to improve and possibly be even more on par with the competition for Windows 9. Don't get me wrong, Microsoft has made major strides with Internet Explorer lately (over the past few years) and it went from being a slow bloated POS to being fast and efficient. But HTML5 could use a little more polish. But they may want to wait a bit for IE12.

BHktWXU.jpg

Double clicking that file gives me that error, so I dunno what im doing wrong but yeah, cant get it going. Going to wait then for proper release instead.

Oh god epic facepalm
Got the x86 version, not the x64 version
:/

Double clicking that file gives me that error, so I dunno what im doing wrong but yeah, cant get it going. Going to wait then for proper release instead.

did you make sure to install all the updates from windows update beforehand? I installed the msu files just fine after making sure I was up to date.