Thoughts: Windows 8.1 Update 1 looks worse than ever before...

Wait, does that mean they are getting rid of the start screen? :huh:

Not that I'm aware of. How would that work out on tablets and touchscreens?

Not that I'm aware of. How would that work out on tablets and touchscreens?

Well... if they are modernising the the start menu then I would assume it would be touch friendly meaning the start screen would be obsolete. 

Well... if they are modernising the the start menu then I would assume it would be touch friendly meaning the start screen would be obsolete. 

Truth is, we don't know what they're doing. The original blurb from Peter Bright made it sound as if it's going to be an option within the Start Screen. But God only know what's going through the heads of Windows execs anymore. With the way things are going, we might end up with an ugly inbred monster between Program Manager, The Taskbar, The Start Screen, and my Aunt Helga.

There's nothing wrong with the Start Screen, though. In fact, there's more right with it, then the Start Menu ever had during its life.

Truth is, we don't know what they're doing. The original blurb from Peter Bright made it sound as if it's going to be an option within the Start Screen. But God only know what's going through the heads of Windows execs anymore. With the way things are going, we might end up with an ugly inbred monster between Program Manager, The Taskbar, The Start Screen, and my Aunt Helga.

There's nothing wrong with the Start Screen, though. In fact, there's more right with it, then the Start Menu ever had during its life.

It's good to hear that Microsoft isn't getting rid of the start screen. :) Hopefully Peter is a reliable source. Also, I doubt they can mess it up as they have a set vision, which has been quite successful, so as long as they stick to it, Windows 9 won't to a monster.