Photo

Thoughts: Windows 8.1 Update 1 looks worse than ever before...

windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#226 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,727 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 10 February 2014 - 17:04

Wait, does that mean they are getting rid of the start screen? :huh:

Not that I'm aware of. How would that work out on tablets and touchscreens?

#227 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 11,055 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 17:22

Not that I'm aware of. How would that work out on tablets and touchscreens?

Well... if they are modernising the the start menu then I would assume it would be touch friendly meaning the start screen would be obsolete. 

#228 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 17:50

Well... if they are modernising the the start menu then I would assume it would be touch friendly meaning the start screen would be obsolete. 

Truth is, we don't know what they're doing. The original blurb from Peter Bright made it sound as if it's going to be an option within the Start Screen. But God only know what's going through the heads of Windows execs anymore. With the way things are going, we might end up with an ugly inbred monster between Program Manager, The Taskbar, The Start Screen, and my Aunt Helga.

There's nothing wrong with the Start Screen, though. In fact, there's more right with it, then the Start Menu ever had during its life.

#229 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 11,055 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 18:09

Truth is, we don't know what they're doing. The original blurb from Peter Bright made it sound as if it's going to be an option within the Start Screen. But God only know what's going through the heads of Windows execs anymore. With the way things are going, we might end up with an ugly inbred monster between Program Manager, The Taskbar, The Start Screen, and my Aunt Helga.

There's nothing wrong with the Start Screen, though. In fact, there's more right with it, then the Start Menu ever had during its life.

It's good to hear that Microsoft isn't getting rid of the start screen. :) Hopefully Peter is a reliable source. Also, I doubt they can mess it up as they have a set vision, which has been quite successful, so as long as they stick to it, Windows 9 won't to a monster.