At the 2014 India auto show, Renault has brought a concept car called KWID, featuring its own drone. The small flying camera emerges out of the roof and, in automatic mode, hovers above the car offering a bird's-eye-view of your surroundings, while displaying the images on the all-electric CUV's touchscreen. In manual mode, the automaker claims you can control the drone from within the car, making it the perfect tool for checking out when the traffic lets up. Or spying on your fellow motorists.

072779f7-195e-4d8c-aba1-651842c814dd_Ren

source & pics

Lol, that's pretty cool. Next they should work on turning the whole passenger compartment into a drone that can detach and fly away when traffic gets bad, leaving the chassis and engine stuff behind to drive itself home when the traffic clears  :)

• Like 1

Renault did have a bad reputation, mainly for shoddy electronics. But that was in the past, they're much much better now.

Only 10 years ago, a Megane. The fuel coils would go every few months, which wasn't covered with warranty. The dealer even knew it was a 'known issue...'

By the end of the 3rd year of owning it the drive by wire system failed... In top gear I could get upto about 50mph max, before I thankfully got rid of it! 

Obviously a glutton for punishment I'm now an Alfa owner... though, touchwood, no issues. (yet)

Renault did have a bad reputation, mainly for shoddy electronics. But that was in the past, they're much much better now.