Photo

Do you see yourself getting divorce in the future?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you see yourself getting divorce in the future?

Do you see yourself getting divorce in the future?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Single/dating but do you see yourself getting divorce when your married?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 3,558 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:47

Going on 23 years here... at this point in the game it's probably going to be less of a divorce, more of a "where she'll hide my body." 

#17 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 7,827 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:52

I see myself getting a divorce in the future when I find out she's not an atheist.

#18 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• 967 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:56

Here are some words of wisdom from Lucky Louie (one of my most favourite shows, it's just too bad they only shot one season):

Louie: The day you get married you realize "****! I can't leave now. I wasn't thinking of leaving but now I REALLY can't leave". And then you have a kid and the moment the kid arrives you realize "****! I coulda left! I totally coulda left! The door right there and it wasn't even ****ing locked."

Mike: See, you're just on your first wife. Now with your first wife you make all the mistakes. With your second wife, you try to correct those mistakes, but you make new, worse ones. But the third wife, heh. Ahh that's a marriage.

:laugh:

bro lucky louie is SO genius :D
Off-topic: Did you watch Louie (also by Louis CK) and Derek (beautiful; heartbreaking and touching comedy series by Ricky Gervais) ? I strongly suggest :)

#19 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 7,634 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21

Yay another poop stirring thread!

Honestly what a question to ask!?

Maybe think about implications of answering such a question publicly?

Maybe think about how most answers will be bs or skewed?

I think I could agree with that! ;)

#20 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,590 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:30

No offence intended, but why would anyone get married thinking they MAY get divorced.

Why would anyone get married and not be fully appraised as to the exit strategy? ;)

Yet another problem with society these days, none of the past values actually seem to matter to anyone these days. I understand people make mistakes and that is what divorce is for but this should not happen anywhere nearly as often as it seems to.

Out of curiosity, are you married?

#21 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,650 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:40

when marrying animals becomes legal.

probably yes. :laugh:

#22 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 10,721 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:41

No offence intended, but why would anyone get married thinking they MAY get divorced.
Yet another problem with society these days, none of the past values actually seem to matter to anyone these days. I understand people make mistakes and that is what divorce is for but this should not happen anywhere nearly as often as it seems to.

Well, in my personal case, got married too young, live and learn..

#23 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:45

Are you trying to tell us something having a poll on divorce and all? :laugh: :laugh:

#24 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 2,825 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:46

Well, in my personal case, got married too young, live and learn..

Again, I mean no offence to you, but this is a common issue. I have seen far too many people "rush" into marriage or at least propsal for marriage after 1 or 2 years. I have been with my misses for nearly 10 years now and not engaged or anything, I'm not suggest that is the length of time you should wait and if anything I am dragging it out a little long now. However in my honest opinion, if you love someone enough to want to marry them, then whether you do it in 1 years or 10, nothing will change so there is no need to rush.

#25 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• 1,074 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:54

I don't understand why who aren't divorced/getting divorced would answer that they expect to be divorced in the future. It doesn't bode well for future relationship development or potential marital saving.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!