Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

video Channel 4's response to homophobia in Russia

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope this is okay to post here.

This is Channel 4's (UK broadcaster) advert they aired last night to show their support for gay athletes taking part in Sochi.

Made me giggle.

http://youtu.be/-6RID82Ru-k

2 people like this

Posted

gayest advert ive ever seen lol

2 people like this

Posted

They could have used a more attractive male model, but hey ho.

Posted

Damn, I'm going to have that in my head all day now..."Gay mountain! Gay Mountain!"

I loved seeing Putin being the DJ. :laugh:

Funny stuff. (Y)

Posted

Hello,

No tag.

Is there a reason you had to use the shorthand version of YouTube? :/

And again, what does this have anything to do the Winter Olympics?

Personally, Im starting to get against all this (defending gay rights, not gays, of course). The reason is that judges might be pressures into being bais towards homosexuals.

I want to emphasis my previous point: I AM NOT AGAINST GAYS OR THEM DEFENDING THEIR RIGHTS AS HUMAN BEINGS I am agsinst the media constantly making this about homosexual righs over what it actually is: a olyimpic sport.

Posted

<Tag added>

I'm still waking up, so I missed it the first time round. :laugh:

Posted

Hello,

No tag.

Personally, Im starting to get against all this (defending gay rights, not gays, of course). The reason is that judges might be pressures into being bais towards homosexuals.

I want to emphasis my previous point: I AM NOT AGAINST GAYS OR THEM DEFENDING THEIR RIGHTS AS HUMAN BEINGS I am agsinst the media constantly making this about homosexual righs over what it actually is: a olyimpic sport.

I won't get into a debate with you as I think a disputation of opinions in a 'funny section' is pointless.

Also:

I have decided to currently stick to the "Services and OS Support", "Technical Help & Support", and "The Big Wrestling Thread". If you see me post in other sections, please bring it to my attention as I will delete the post. Thank you very much for helping a member out :)

??

<Tag added>

I'm still waking up, so I missed it the first time round. :laugh:

Apologies; I'll make sure to add the relevant tag in future. :)

Posted

Hello,

I won't get into a debate with you as I think a disputation of opinions in a 'funny section' is pointless.

I understood this as a ad from Channel 4 until I posted! I saw the video and I thought of typical stereotyping which IMO is offensive as most gays are not like that :no:

Also:

??

Correct. Don't know why I even bother. I am sorry An_Englishman.

Posted

I clicked the link and Firefox crashed immediately.

Absolutely nothing.

Posted

Hello,

I understood this as a ad from Channel 4 until I posted! I saw the video and I thought of typical stereotyping which IMO is offensive as most gays are not like that :no:

Correct. Don't know why I even bother. I am sorry An_Englishman.

Relax mate.

I personally don't find it offensive and I don't conform to a stereotype. It's meant to be taken lightly.

It's their way of showing support and any support is better than none.

I'm only quoting your signature as I found it amusing, that's all.

Posted

I love the Canadian response video to Russia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=effb2JYiKXM

Posted

Hello,

No tag.

If you think that Olympics are devoid of politics then you're a very naive person. This is Putin's vanity project and god help anyone who gets in the way of being a perfect success as to ensure his legacy is cemented in the minds of the average Russian person.

Regarding Russia and gay rights - this is hardly new; for around 10 years Gay's had no laws that persecuted them (liberalisation bought about under Lenin then overturned under Stalin) - and pre-Soviet Russia was no picnic either. Putin is merely doing what the majority of Russians believe because at the end of the day no matter how hard leaders in the past have tried to modernise Russia it always remains socially backwards.

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally, and speaking as a straight guy - I ######ing love all this.  I abhor the nonsensical BS of discriminating against race, colour, sexuality, religion - and all the responses from LGBT friendly companies, organisations and people have been astoundingly good fun.  Sending really amusing messages, playing upon the stereotypes that people fear so much - this is EXACTLY how a protest should be done in 2014!

1 person likes this