Windows 8 reset or fresh install.

I thought about that, but how safe is it?

just as safe as getting it directly from technet in the case of thepiratebay. you can always check the comments to verify it's a legit file as well. thepiratebay generally has a pretty good community so you'll know if a file is legit or not

just as safe as getting it directly from technet in the case of thepiratebay. you can always check the comments to verify it's a legit file as well. thepiratebay generally has a pretty good community so you'll know if a file is legit or not

Thanks. 

In the past (and it's been a while) when I didn't have media I'd just go and uninstall all the extra stuff.  Are there programs that don't appear in there now?

In the past (and it's been a while) when I didn't have media I'd just go and uninstall all the extra stuff.  Are there programs that don't appear in there now?

This is what I did, too.

But if you have to reset/reinstall, it's the same old crapola all over again.

ISO files contain both the Core and Pro versions. Normally you wouldn't see the dialog that let's you choose which version to install because the setup reads the key from your UEFI/BIOS and selects that accordingly.

There's a third version many laptops and computers have that is called Core Single Language and it won't activate with the regular Core version. If that's the case, the ISO for the Core Single Language media can be found on torrent sites like TPB.

You can always uninstall things you don't want, update eveything and make a disk image to use when needed.

If you don't want to do that, going for a fresh install using ISO files is the better workaround.

This is what I did, too.

But if you have to reset/reinstall, it's the same old crapola all over again.