switzerland eu votes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 +Vykranth

Vykranth

Chantez, compagnons, dans la nuit la Liberté nous écoute

• 3,247 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 16:23

I wonder how Monday is going to be for all the people going from France and Germany to work in Switzerland in the high competitive business like banks ...

#17 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

• 1,137 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 16:24

Well thankfully that's only a common problem in the minds of the ignorant.  The reality is that immigrants don't leave home to try and impose the laws they're used to on another country. Besides, once they start paying taxes and/or gain the right to vote there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to voice concerns/make suggestions about the way their adopted country is run. 

Another non-argument.  It's silly to assume that all immigrants are earning less than the average or are not net contributors to the tax system.  Most countries restrict benefits to immigrants for a period of time so (given the fact that immigrants are more likely to be employed) they're more likely to be contributing than taking regardless of what they earn.  Also, how is it worse for an immigrant to earn less than the average than for someone who is native to the country in question?  The immigrant is less likely to have cost the system anything (e.g. they will have been educated in their home country) so they are less of a burden on society, not more. 

if people move and then contribute less then the average person in GDP terms (there worth) then the overall average wealth of the total population will also reduce. The average person is poorer. 

I dont care if the total GDP figure of a country because for example China is number 2 (GDP) but they people is still poor. I rather look a country's like Luxembourg  which have very little people but they are all very wealthy "contribute more"

I rather have immigration which increases our populations overall wealth instead of people who clean the streets or open takeaways which even if are needed (not so much takeaways) because they dont contribute very much at all.

#18 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,625 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 17:59

It appears I was wrong...

Source and more

:/

The EU should be prepared to impose trade restrictions including tariffs if this becomes law. Freedom of movement is far too important a principle.

I wonder how Monday is going to be for all the people going from France and Germany to work in Switzerland in the high competitive business like banks ...

Apparently the Swiss government has 3 years to implement changes.

#19 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,949 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 23:30

Wonder how this will affect my ability to live in Switzerland once my Italian citizenship goes through.

#20 guru

guru

||guru||

• 8,256 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 23:48

I should have added delusional.

if anyone is delusional in this thread its you.

67% of them want to outlaw blasphemy,  a third say muslim converts should be killed, a third of them want sharia... 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6309983.stm

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll

http://www.theguardi...y-homosexuality

#21 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:08

if anyone is delusional in this thread its you.

67% of them want to outlaw blasphemy,  a third say muslim converts should be killed, a third of them want sharia... 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6309983.stm

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll

http://www.theguardi...y-homosexuality

Every religion has its nutters :) 

I'd use those figures with some caution when the set size is 1,000 people too. 

#22 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,053 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:25

Every religion has its nutters :)

true, but it must also noted that percentage of nutters for every religions are vastly different.
not all religions are equal, and what religions teachs have great influence in producing said nutters.

I'd use those figures with some caution when the set size is 1,000 people too.

yea, but it certainly more than:

You could count the number of Muslim immigrants who want to enact sharia law in the UK on one hand.

#23 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:30

Anti-immigration has been proven to work! Letting in 20 different cultures into a country is sure to cause trouble. Many will work for half/quarter wages - just what employers love, and just one reason for the rise in unemployment. The media won't tell you that of course.

In Britain we have around 3,000,000 of the 17,000,000 adults unemployed.

So why the government opened up our borders to allow a potential 1,000,000,000 from over Europe to come here and look for employment is a joke.

I think Britain should close the borders, quit taking in asylum seekers, that should seek asylum under the Geneva convention in the next safest country not travel 10,000 miles to Britain and Europeans.

#24 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:43

true, but it must also noted that percentage of nutters for every religions are vastly different.
not all religions are equal, and what religions teachs have great influence in producing said nutters.

yea, but it certainly more than:

Yup. For example Christianity has a long history of violence and plenty of crazy people, even today with people trying to push their religious views at abortion clinics and the like with Christian terrorist groups.  

I don't think he meant that literally but he's correct the number is extremely small. 

In Britain we have around 3,000,000 of the 17,000,000 adults unemployed.

So why the government opened up our borders to allow a potential 1,000,000,000 from over Europe to come here and look for employment is a joke.

I think Britain should close the borders, quit taking in asylum seekers, that should seek asylum under the Geneva convention in the next safest country not travel 10,000 miles to Britain and Europeans.

That unemployment number is closer to 2m.  There's also not a billion people in Europe, and there's of course no chance that number will arrive in the UK. 

#25 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,180 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:49

Yup. For example Christianity has a long history of violence and plenty of crazy people, even today with people trying to push their religious views at abortion clinics and the like with Christian terrorist groups.  

I don't think he meant that literally but he's correct the number is extremely small. 

Yeh, blame the Christians. But Muslims are okay, aren't they? I mean there wouldn't ever be any trouble if they were to get control of politics, or would there? Not everyone is or wants to be atheist.

#26 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,180 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:54

Not just Europe, but the whole world. Pretty much the whole of Africa has the potential to move to western countries, and they will as long as they can get government assistance initially (funded by tax payers).

And yet us residents just sit in our chairs and watch the news, instead of actually getting off our seats and rallying against the government (like those in Ukraine did recently - well done).

#27 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:56

Yeh, blame the Christians. But Muslims are okay, aren't they? I mean there wouldn't ever be any trouble if they were to get control of politics, or would there? Not everyone is or wants to be atheist.

Muslims are fine & Christians too; It's the extreme end of the spectrum of any religion you have to be weary of. :)

Atheism has its extremes also, like the Soviet Union's implementation of it. 

#28 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:36

That unemployment number is closer to 2m.  There's also not a billion people in Europe, and there's of course no chance that number will arrive in the UK. 

The figure is close if not greater than 3,000,000 as I was writing about all those not working. I can also included those not claiming benefits and living off savings, single parents, those on disability and other similar situations.

There is a chance that everyone in Europe can come and live and work in Britian.

No-one says they want to, but they can if they want, as it is their right to. Just as I can go live and work in Europe.

#29 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 17:45

The figure is close if not greater than 3,000,000 as I was writing about all those not working. I can also included those not claiming benefits and living off savings, single parents, those on disability and other similar situations.

There is a chance that everyone in Europe can come and live and work in Britian.

No-one says they want to, but they can if they want, as it is their right to. Just as I can go live and work in Europe.

If you want to try and twist your unemployment statistic that's cool too. ONS December 2013 said the number of unemployed adults (which you originally said) is 2.39 million.

Yes, there's a chance but the likelihood of 700m mass emigrating to the UK are low :)

You're right it is their right; just like 2m Britons have emigrated to other parts of the EU.

#30 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 3,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 19:26

Muslims are fine & Christians too; It's the extreme end of the spectrum of any religion you have to be weary of. :)

Atheism has its extremes also, like the Soviet Union's implementation of it. 

The Soviet Union didn't "implement" atheism - it implemented an authoritarian state government and outlawed religion due to the political threat religions tend to accrue.

It wasn't atheism as much as making the state itself a religion in it's own right.