HP 255 G1 Notebook

specifications:

manufactor: hp.com

ram: 4GB (1600mhz)

HDD: 500 GB

graphics: amd radeon hd 7340

display size: 15,6''

processor: amd e2-2000 (1,75ghz x 2) 1MB cache

i bought that one because of the need of a low budget yet powerful notebook. it comes without driver cd and without windows, however you can download all windows drivers needed from hp.com, while ubuntu linux doesnt need any drivers at all, not even for the webcam.

the packaging is ok, it comes in a black cartonage box with 2 little "how to" tutorials for basic setup.

the battery is small, also the power unit smaller than expected.

as you can see on the images, the style of the notebook is basic, simply yet elegant. so far i could not find any problems everything feels well built and looks nice. the hp logo on the top is directly printed in the materials, i expected only a cheap sticker.

i like the ubuntu sticker on it - its cool and different and ennough. no need for 100 stickers coming with a normal windows laptop where they write ram size and all sys specs on it. my notebook is not an advertising sheet :P

what i did so far: installed windows 7 and installed solydK my favorite linux distribution. everything works as expected, fast ennough.

it includes 3 usb ports and importantly 1 hdmi and even 1 vga. there was a difference about 10 euros from the cheap intel graphics chip to the amd dedicated graphics in this device and i thought it was worth paying that much more - aero on win 7 and all kde plasma effects run fast and nice.

very happy with my deal so far, for 309 euros only it was one of the cheapest devices i could get and impressed that you get quite a few good specs for this budget.

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

the touchpad is for sure a bit different to use compared with what i have known so far but its growing on me.