mp3 ogg wma flac music player

370 replies to this topic

#361 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:28

Teaser time!

This teaser won't show you much yet. But I wanted to show there's still a lot going on with the next musiX. This is an early version of the new welcome screen, launched directly from Visual Studio.

You know what, i'm blaming you, you got us used to frequent release schedules!

#362 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:48

I seem to be getting this each time I open the program. I have tried installing the latest version again but it still happens :(

attachicon.gifohnoes.png

The Sonar uses the "how many users" score. It is fine, just tell Norton to allow it and it goes away until the next build. 

#363 OP Raphaël

Raphaël

You can't take the code from me

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 630

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:07

You know what, i'm blaming you, you got us used to frequent release schedules!

Haha yes, you're probably right :) I think I wanted to change too much with the next release. It's taking longer than expected.

#364 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:45

Waiting patiently -

C44nllh.gif

;)

#365 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:48

Waiting patiently -

C44nllh.gif

;)

Spoiler

#366 OP Raphaël

Raphaël

Posted 15 November 2014 - 21:08

Spoiler

You guys are great :)

What a terrible software development day it was today. I've spent a great part of the day trying to implement a simple stupid thing. But the code kept messing with my head. Sometimes even the simplest things make you lose a lot of time.

#367 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

Posted 15 November 2014 - 21:20

Time for a break.  We can wait a day or two.  ;)

j/k  Quality takes time. :)

#368 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 15 November 2014 - 21:35

Last Friday someone broke into our house.

Very sorry to hear this, mate! I've been a victim of burglary myself so I understand what it entails. We (temporarily) lost so much but fortunately my brother came home in time and managed to pin the woman down. Still, the feeling of violation is the worst bit.

However I'm now planning to do regular backups in the cloud, just in case this happens again. I'm still trying to figure out the easiest solution though.

I can only say one thing and that's VCS. BitBucket offer free, private repositories and it's backed by a large and respectable company. Do yourself a favour and get accustomed to Git or similar, you'll enjoy working with code so much more!

Also, can't wait for the next version. Windows 10 is in bad need of some MusiX. :)

#369 OP Raphaël

Raphaël

Posted 15 November 2014 - 21:56

Very sorry to hear this, mate! I've been a victim of burglary myself so I understand what it entails. We (temporarily) lost so much but fortunately my brother came home in time and managed to pin the woman down. Still, the feeling of violation is the worst bit.

I can only say one thing and that's VCS. BitBucket offer free, private repositories and it's backed by a large and respectable company. Do yourself a favour and get accustomed to Git or similar, you'll enjoy working with code so much more!

Also, can't wait for the next version. Windows 10 is in bad need of some MusiX. :)

Damn right, the feeling of having an unwanted person in your house is the worst. Luckily, for the financial loss, we have pretty good insurance which covered 85% of the costs. Unfortunately that will never cover the loss of the videos of our son's first 6 months. They were still on the camera which was stolen. For some unknown reason (life I guess) they didn't get transferred to the desktop computer, the rest did).

Thanks for the BitBucket tip! I was considering Visual Studio Online which also does seem interesting as a Cloud repository. Now I have 2 options :)

#370 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:34

Just had a pretty big crash, to the point it affected my overall system performance when it happened. I was just listening to music randomly (the entire collection of around 617 tracks) and it just died very randomly. I wasn't skipping tracks or anything, it was mid song. My whole laptop froze for a few seconds and then moving the mouse was difficult as it stuttered when attempting to move and didn't seem to want to stay still.

Looking at the logs, there are a lot of errors regarding Album Art but that is it, log is here if you want it.

https://www.dropbox..../musiX.log?dl=0

However my Event Viewer logs look like they could be a little more helpful as there are two application errors related;

Application: musiX.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 539CBEC4 (53980000) with exit code 80131506.

Faulting application name: musiX.exe, version: 1.0.295.0, time stamp: 0x53d7e140

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34014, time stamp: 0x52e0b784
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004bec4
Faulting process id: 0x1d74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d00a285fe49913
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\musiX\musiX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: ed92a87b-761e-11e4-8299-2016d894841c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I know you are working on a overhaul and this is the first and only time this has happened and I think I've been using your product since you first posted here on a near daily basis so don't spend too much time on this. Let me know if you want any more info from me though.

#371 OP Raphaël

Raphaël

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:50

Just had a pretty big crash, to the point it affected my overall system performance when it happened. I was just listening to music randomly (the entire collection of around 617 tracks) and it just died very randomly. I wasn't skipping tracks or anything, it was mid song. My whole laptop froze for a few seconds and then moving the mouse was difficult as it stuttered when attempting to move and didn't seem to want to stay still.

Looking at the logs, there are a lot of errors regarding Album Art but that is it, log is here if you want it.

https://www.dropbox..../musiX.log?dl=0

However my Event Viewer logs look like they could be a little more helpful as there are two application errors related;

I know you are working on a overhaul and this is the first and only time this has happened and I think I've been using your product since you first posted here on a near daily basis so don't spend too much time on this. Let me know if you want any more info from me though.

Sorry for the late reply! :blush: Thanks a lot for reporting this. It's doing strange things with the cover picture cache. It seems it's trying to clear the cache while cover pictures are still in use. I'll keep an eye on that for when rewriting the indexer.