Photo

Xbox One - Rechargeable Batteries options?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 10 February 2014 - 20:19

I've been wondering this recently but I figured out I can get something like the below much cheaper, and since there are 4 batteries I can always have two charging whilst using so I'll never need to rely on the cable.

rechargeables.jpg

Those charger with batteries seem like a good deal...but the charger is crap.  After a few charges, lights will start blinking and the batteries will never charge.  I tossed out a few batteries thinking it was the battery when it was the charger.  I put the same batteries in my bigger/more expensive charger and they  charge just fine.

#17 NateB1

NateB1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 February 2014 - 20:27

I wish they came out with something like this for the One.

http://www.amazon.co...it for Xbox 360

This.  Many times this. 

I have 3 controllers for my 360, and 5 of the rechargeable battery packs with one of these chargers. When a battery dies, I instantly switch it with one that's been charging in the charger, and I'm good to go.  I don't want to have to dock the controller, because it's something extra I need to remember to do, and if I forget (which is very likely), it means I need to wait a while for the battery to recharge before I can start playing.  I don't mind removing a battery cover, if it means I can instantly swap the drained rechargeable pack with a fresh one, all ready to go.   If they don't offer something like this, I might end up trying to find a good rechargeable battery system that actually works...

#18 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 10 February 2014 - 20:42

Eneloops

The best rechargeable batteries you can buy. Totally worth the money. I made the switch from regular Energizer rechargeables last year, and they have been infinitely better. So much so, that I bought a bunch more and replaced all of the other batteries in my house.

#19 magik

magik

It's magik baby!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 20:46

Eneloops

The best rechargeable batteries you can buy. Totally worth the money. I made the switch from regular Energizer rechargeables last year, and they have been infinitely better. So much so, that I bought a bunch more and replaced all of the other batteries in my house.

Yeap, if you're going the rechargeable battery route, Eneloop is definitely the way to go.

#20 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 11 February 2014 - 20:15

I think someone already mentioned it, but I picked up this http://www.amazon.co...ergizer charger

I had the engergizer charger for my Wii since launch and the batteries are still going today.  Almost picked up the contoller/battery pack today for $75 but I have no use for a 2nd controller yet.