• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 gameboy1977

gameboy1977

Neowinian

• 933 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 16 February 2014 - 16:42

I understand now. We drink milk frow cow is normal.  thanks for tip, ozgeek. (Y)

#17 HellboundIRL

HellboundIRL

Neowinian

• 810 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 February 2014 - 16:43

We would think it was cute if another animal did it so I don't see it any different here, good on her.

#18 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 16:50

she doing the right thing, i would trust a puppy a lot more than human politicians.

"A story about a woman saving a puppy from starvation? Let's bash the politicians!"

:huh:

#19 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,160 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 21:07

Humans can be so hypocrite... we drink animal's milk but when animal drink human milk, it's gross...

#20 nvllsvm

nvllsvm

Neowinian Senior

• 1,588 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 February 2014 - 21:18

Humans can be so hypocrite... we drink animal's milk but when animal drink human milk, it's gross...

I would agree with you if humans were wrapping their lips around the utter of a cow, but I don't believe that's the case. There's a huge difference between that and cold, processed milk from a plastic jug.

Regardless, I see nothing wrong with what the woman did to save a life.

#21 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 23:39

She needs a boyfriend. :p

#22 Zidane

Zidane

Spoutcraft Lead

• 189 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:11

She needs a boyfriend. :p

Unless you are into that "sort of thing" Hum...human breastmilk is pretty terrible...

Most BFs wouldn't want that :p.

#23 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,434 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:28

Puppies will eat solid food almost from the day they're born if that's the only option available.  I've raised puppies and been around dogs all my life, and often times removed the mother from the puppies for a few hours because breastfeeding will drain an adult female in no time.  If you don't consistently give her high protein high calorie food, and sometimes even if you do, a mother with 4 or 5 pups breastfeeding all day can even make their hair fall out and make them get real skinny.  So starting from birth, about once a day, I take the mother away from her puppies for about an hour and give her a bowl of food with some milk and a raw chicken egg mixed in, a fresh bowl of water, and give the puppies some soft puppy food with cow's milk and a raw egg mixed in.  If that's what's available, they'll eat it before their eyes are even open.  No need to get weird on us lady, lol.  Then again, maybe I'm just being closed minded.

#24 EmbraceNext

EmbraceNext

Neowinian

• 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:46

Puppies will eat solid food almost from the day they're born if that's the only option available.  I've raised puppies and been around dogs all my life, and often times removed the mother from the puppies for a few hours because breastfeeding will drain an adult female in no time.  If you don't consistently give her high protein high calorie food, and sometimes even if you do, a mother with 4 or 5 pups breastfeeding all day can even make their hair fall out and make them get real skinny.  So starting from birth, about once a day, I take the mother away from her puppies for about an hour and give her a bowl of food with some milk and a raw chicken egg mixed in, a fresh bowl of water, and give the puppies some soft puppy food with cow's milk and a raw egg mixed in.  If that's what's available, they'll eat it before their eyes are even open.  No need to get weird on us lady, lol.  Then again, maybe I'm just being closed minded.

Yeah, close minded.

#25 Ian William

Ian William

Open 24 hours.

• 1,292 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:49

If I were a woman, I would have done the same thing if I were in her situation.

#26 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,952 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:48

Problem is Nature is much smarter.  I'm sure nature already have thought about overfeeding and put in mechanisms into the mother to protect her anyway so what you had been doing was redundant. Just make sure the mother have food presented to her and let her decide when to eat.

Shredding hair is a very normal and natural behaviour of all dogs. It's their way of our way of shedding old skin. Mothers will shed more because their bodies are under natural stress from feeding the babies just such a human body is.

#27 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,529 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:51

Just out of curiosity... How is the puppy now?