Investors want Microsoft

Le sigh, do people actually read the whole article before linking? Total Failure would imply that the product is fundamentally flawed right from the outset and there is no way to salvage it. Reading through the article this jumped out at me:

That $100 difference is likely due to the inclusion of Microsoft's Kinect, an accessory most core gamers (the sorts of people likely to purchase a console early in its life) don't seem to want.

Sounds like a situation of ramming something down the collective throats of users who simply want a console that allows them to veg out after a long day at work - shed the Kinect and sell it at $150 cheaper ($50 below Playstation 4) and watch the sales go through the roof. The product isn't the problem - the market idiots who thought of jacking up the price to cover their dopey idea of bundling Kinect with the Xbox one is the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Financials/FY13/Q4/SegmentRevenues.aspx

lol...  Thank god for the enterprise business to keep crap like bing and xbox running.

Thank god for the insurance business to keep crap like sony {insert division name here} running ?

isn't this about the same as would be the issue of two versions of the windows Os in the ols SKU's?

people complain about the two Ui's and the stupidity of developing two OS's? but in reality, there are 3 Os's. Windows 8.1, RT and Pro.

:wacko:  this is what happens when you try to be everything to everyone.

I know I shouldn't rise to this but I cannot believe the amount of crap articles out there.

Xbox One has sold OVER DOUBLE The xbox 360, the 360 was enough of a success for MS to continue going and release a new console. There is NOTHING dissapointing about those sales figures. Of course you want to be selling more than your competitor, but not doing that does not equal being a failure. Seriously, the media really need to get over this console war crap and actually just realise that both consoles have sold better than their previous generations and that is something to celebrate as it shows console gaming, at least for now, continues to have a future. 

• Like 2