• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:59

I believe NAS use Raid system for HDD's,

you have to format it (if HDD is alive) from Disk Manager utility.

May I please offer that you shouldn't suggest anything further about such subjects.

#17 Auditor

Auditor

Neowinian

Posted 22 February 2014 - 21:47

May I please offer that you shouldn't suggest anything further about such subjects.

Totally agress. suggesting some one to format drive, when they still have data in there and wish to recover, is really a worst suggestion at all.

#18 Som

Som

Neowinian

Posted 22 February 2014 - 22:14

Hello…

I have a NAS that it isn't showing in the network, tried many things, but no luck, apparently the HDD is working because I hear the noise when turning it on.

I removed the HDD from the case and wanted to connect it to an external USB case. Windows installs the drive and the Device Manager recognizes the HDD (Hitachi) but it doesn't show up.

Do I try it with Linux?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem with a NAS drive a few weeks back, I was lucky though I had another identical system so I popped the one from the broken one into the working one.  you could see if you could buy the exact model somewhere and do it that way...

#19 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 22 February 2014 - 23:06

Hello,

Well, Xahid tried to help. I think a couple of us have already told him that he is wrong. No reason to gang up on him :) We all make mistakes (even though this one was pretty big and drastic)

Lets see if OP can give us more info or at least has solved his problem.

#20 OP Pedro3

Pedro3

Neowinian

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:05

I don't understand it. I was following this topic and suddenly it stopped to send me e-mails warning about new posts.

Since I was thinking that I had no answers here I installed ubuntu and then changed permissions using sudo chmod. Now I can access that folder.

Thanks for the help!

For me this topic can be closed since the solution was found, I used the help in here but no exactly one that was written. How can I mark it has solved?

#21 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 24 February 2014 - 00:39

For the record - not "ganging up" on anyone.  Xahid seems blissfully unaware that he could do any damage.

#22 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:32

I don't understand it. I was following this topic and suddenly it stopped to send me e-mails warning about new posts.

Since I was thinking that I had no answers here I installed ubuntu and then changed permissions using sudo chmod. Now I can access that folder.

Thanks for the help!

For me this topic can be closed since the solution was found, I used the help in here but no exactly one that was written. How can I mark it has solved?

There was an issue on the site that caused followed posts to be unset for everyone, so you have to refollow anything you were following before. If there was a best answer, just mark that, you can't mark multiple ones, unfortunately, afaik.

#23 OP Pedro3

Pedro3

Neowinian

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:33

Xahid is forgiven :)

Fortunately I also saw that was gonna hurt me, so I waited for more answers and everything went fine.

Thanks everyone!

#24 Xahid

Xahid

Anokha Neowinian

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:10

Xahid is forgiven :)

Fortunately I also saw that was gonna hurt me, so I waited for more answers and everything went fine.

Thanks everyone!

Actually, I misunderstood your 1st post, I thought you were having trouble accessing drive (didn't think about data), after reading some posts I didn't reply further.