Unable to install programs

"I just now changed the ownership..."

So you had the problem before you changed ownership?  If so then yeah my bad, you didn't tweak any other permissions you felt were wrong?

Lets start clean!!  And document ANY changes you do to system files, registry, etc..

Then as your installing your apps - lets see after what app you fall into a problem.  To save time, since you seem to be very prone to computer issues ;)  You have a large number of threads with odd issues if I am recalling your nick correctly ;)  You ###### off the computer karma gods at some point ;)

After your CLEAN install and windows updates, take an image so you can start fresh at nice and clean box without have to run through windows update again, etc.  Then when you have your base software installed, take a different image and now you can roll back to either spot in only a few minutes.

BudMan, I think nelson ninja is not reading any suggestion.

Nelson ninja, re-install the OS.  Re-install the troubled application and check to see if you are still installing the applications on the same user or do you still have to change the ownership.  If you still get the same error or problem, I think you are using an infected homebrew Windows.

Well he answered my question - so who knows what he is doing, other than having a hard time..

One program being buggy and not installing is one thing - but IE won't even stay open, and multiple software having issues.  Yeah start over something is major out of whack..

Downloaded a new copy of the WIndows 7 ISO from digitalriver, and burned it. Installed this morning and everything seems to work!