Is true, apple always had a niche market and could price accordingly. I will give them that their increased price does did reflect increased quality, mostly in the mid 2000's. As of recently its been stagnant in terms of user enhancements. The iPod and iPhone and iPad were good products but have lost their shine as competitors technologies have caught up and surpassed that of Apples, bringing a huge price gap that can't be justified any longer and their niche is slowly being erroded as they neglect to innovate and wow their cash-cow followers.

Prove you wrong? Pff... I don't need to; Android dominating the sales of smartphones and tablets speaks for itself.

Apple are rapidly going back to being a minority market share holder.

A rather large minority market share holder then: http://bgr.com/2014/02/14/iphone-ipad-mac/

Why did they juxtapose that "the first mouse ever invented" stuff in here? Are they trying to make it look like Steve Jobs invented the mouse?

It was probably written by the same person who is trying to give Apple credit for the flat look going around.

Greatest pioneer? Give me a break, he invented nothing, he was just really really good at marketing to the masses

Jobs is listed as the inventor or co-inventor on over 200 patents...

Prove you wrong? Pff... I don't need to; Android dominating the sales of smartphones and tablets speaks for itself.

Apple are rapidly going back to being a minority market share holder.

They are a minority market share holder, and there's nothing wrong with that. They still have a popular brand, and a large install base with a disposable income. Dominating in sales is great and all, but then you have Apple over there taking most of the money that those sales generate.

Jobs is listed as the inventor or co-inventor on over 200 patents...

They are a minority market share holder, and there's nothing wrong with that. They still have a popular brand, and a large install base with a disposable income. Dominating in sales is great and all, but then you have Apple over there taking most of the money that those sales generate.

As we have seen, patents just mean someone has an idea and its not always original.

It is true Wozniak created everything, without Wozniak jobs was nothing but then again without Jobs  wozniak prolly didnt have the business know how and apple might not have taken off as well... so they probably complimented each other well. Look at dragons den, theres some really good inventors but they havnt got a clue how to market there product which is why they goto dragons den so one of the business people can help them market it and sort the business end out.

Having a mouse and calling it priceless is rediculous, putting it in the same league as a priceless work of art is insane

that whole thing seamed / acted as though it was entirely fake. and scripted.

Pretty much sums up Nat Geo, History channel and the likes now day. ###### "wow", oh my....... *advert* god" shows. They drive me absolutely crazy!  :angry:. Ugh!

Is true, apple always had a niche market and could price accordingly. I will give them that their increased price does did reflect increased quality, mostly in the mid 2000's. As of recently its been stagnant in terms of user enhancements. The iPod and iPhone and iPad were good products but have lost their shine as competitors technologies have caught up and surpassed that of Apples, bringing a huge price gap that can't be justified any longer and their niche is slowly being erroded as they neglect to innovate and wow their cash-cow followers.

Something caught my eye here, are you generalising here?

I'm actually looking for a personal mp3/mp4 player, but haven't found any as loud as, or louder than ipods, I'd love a recommendation.

Something caught my eye here, are you generalising here?

I'm actually looking for a personal mp3/mp4 player, but haven't found any as loud as, or louder than ipods, I'd love a recommendation.

any sony/sandisk player seems fine, even colbys were nice. I'm not saying ipods aren't well engineered, they are. they are probably a touch louder, probably a bit flashier, a hair thinner, but defnintely pricy. $29 for the colby and $39 for the sandisk. Thats a far cry away from an apple equivilent that starts at $150+. I don't crank the volume all too high and they were all acceptable for me in volumes and sound quality. Currently I use ugly but good-sounding BT headphones and wireless sync to my phone.

any sony/sandisk player seems fine, even colbys were nice. I'm not saying ipods aren't well engineered, they are. they are probably a touch louder, probably a bit flashier, a hair thinner, but defnintely pricy. $29 for the colby and $39 for the sandisk. Thats a far cry away from an apple equivilent that starts at $150+. I don't crank the volume all too high and they were all acceptable for me in volumes and sound quality. Currently I use ugly but good-sounding BT headphones and wireless sync to my phone.

Thank you kindly (I don't have an idevice, but have been thinking about some form of personal media player as my s3 isn't loud enough for my taste, and am in the market due to my upgrade becoming available) also apologies for not specifying personal media players in a phone, I have no excuse.

And DRM'd up the wazoo, don''t forget that.

Which one(s)

All iDevices.

Ah, ok, well the music was either bought from amazon music or ripped from my cd to make mix tapes/cd's so I should be ok

(back on topic) Man that is an old mouse

Apple hasn't used DRM on their music for years.

While true, you can't just put/pull any MP3s off an iPod without having the computer its synced to handy, unless you wanna start over... Thats DRM if you ask me. Regarding the device as a whole, it only runs whitelisted approved apple code & interfacing programs - thats DRM as well.