WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

Does this mean that the Technical Preview build will be announced any day now?

I think it's on the 30th of this month. In good ol' Microsoft fashion to wait till the 11th hour to announce things.

The key here is how long are they going to wait to sign-off on it and lock it down as the "preview" build?  Like I posted before, if the 30th date is right, are they going to wait till a week before then?  If so then we're going to get something newer, I'm betting on something like build 9850 or so.

It's probably not going to be a rounded number, just like the Windows Developer Preview (8102) and the Windows Milestone Preview (9431).

Wasn't Build 9431 just called the "Windows 8.1 Preview"?

Hope to have two more posts out tomorrow, one about some UI changes and other updates in the current builds.

Finally some UI info!

Lots of talk and rumors about new UI features. But does anyone know how the internals have changed? There were big changes between 7 and 8 other than the UI.

Everyone's talked about UI changes and front facing features but I expect a good chunk of under the hood changes.  More APIs for metro for one, improved performance again, maybe a early version of DX12, if not final by the time the OS RTMs at least.   Other little tweaks to things like DWM and overall footprint of the OS should come down so it can better support lower end devices even more.    So the usual stuff really, just have to wait for details but that's probably going to be the focus of the rumored technology preview more than any new UI bits. 

Computerbase.de (article in German) has a few screenshots of the Windows Technical Preview build 9834: http://www.computerbase.de/2014-09/windows-9-technical-preview-bilder-testversion/

9.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

More images at the source.

This looks epic - the recent info-drought is over with a bang!   So :heart: the borderless windows and big-n-soft drop-shadows.

Slide-16 of the Computer Base deck - Isn't that Mission Control, up-side-down?!!  Are they going to have a problem with those fruity lawyers?

Anyone know what the icon left of Search is??  Sure makes me think of Vista's Flip3d..?

Ugh. Did they really have to bring back folder hierarchies in Start?

How else should they organise the new start menu? One long list of installed apps?

Yay for no window chrome and border shadows, now if they could get rid of all the Aero parts the desktop might actually start to look good. 

It looks very off right now, and a golden nugget if a casual user ever discovers those app commands

Looking goooood.

Like it. 
Like always we skip one Windows version. Its like Alpha oficial version. Vista, 8, Millenium etc :) 

Why lose time releasing bad versions when you have Millions of free beta testers that could tell you whats wrong without waiting 3/4 years

It looks very off right now, and a golden nugget if a casual user ever discovers those app commands

I assume the icon refresh is work-in-progress - looks like they've started with some way to go.  App Commands = right-clicking pinned items?  When was right-clicking last not intuitive?

Wow, ugly. :wacko: 

It looks like something designed for kids, I really really really do hope there will be ways to get rid of all those childish looking apps, possibly completely doing away with them uninstalling them, if these screenshots are any indication of the design I'm afraid I might have to go back to heavy customization. :(

Can't they just release a clean design that looks professional, more mature rather than something that came out of a kindergarten? :cry: