WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

Just choose what you wish to trust, this is your decision, btw, guess you might have seen this dated MS pic(it's back in win8/azure times), they were starting to work on "Platform(i.e. the OS) As A Service", notice how "vendors(service providers)" will manage OS instead of users, and for "Platform+Software" As A Service, LOL, vendor will manage everything.

061509ooa3buulbjkoypjq.png.thumb.jpg

IN other words, it's how ASPs can leverage Azure to offer multiple operating systems - including Windows - as services.

Such an offering makes all SORTS of sense for ASPs; if anything, it's an extension of seat-licensing into the ASP space.

If you offer applications as services, why wouldn't you - or shouldn't you - offer operating systems as services?

IN other words, it's how ASPs can leverage Azure to offer multiple operating systems - including Windows - as services.

Such an offering makes all SORTS of sense for ASPs; if anything, it's an extension of seat-licensing into the ASP space.

If you offer applications as services, why wouldn't you - or shouldn't you - offer operating systems as services?

Why not? The concept/project of "Windows As A Service" was started a few years back, in fact, this powerpoint image is over 2 years old. :)

MJF has posted something about Start Menu in win8.1, in contrary to what WZor had said before, I have no interest in Start Menu's, but on viewing ZDNet, stumbled upon something interesting:

screen_351_zpsda8be53e.jpg

Then I realized that Miss Foley had mixed up Azure RemoteApp with Windows-As-A-Service, just the same way she mixed up Windows Codename 9 with Windows Codename Threshold, lmao. laie_67.gif .... because if you read the MS Remote AzureApp blogs/articles, you won't find any mention of WaaS.

MS has started working on WaaS back in 2011(yes, when win8 was still in pre-release phase) with win8 builds, naturally, there is no 100% guarantee that Win365 will be released, MS had killed a couple of projects before, but since they were starting to recruit Engineers, and specified that they would work with service providers, it seems MS is preparing to provide OEM testings, and as of now, green light is still on, and show-time is still up ahead .... and counting. :)

I heard about a headline (I forget where) that said we won't see the start menu/button until windows 9. can anyone confirm this?

error 404 BAVO but thanks alot for being so quick to help.

Hmm, the forum messed up the link, here you go: *link* (let's hope it works now)

Will there be further updates to Win8.1 after update2?

MS Keynote in Computex:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/speeches/2014/06-03computex.aspx

Quoting Tony Prophet:

...."Second, to accelerating our innovation pace. You've spoken, we've listened. Gone are the days of a three-year release cycle. We've taken your feedback and we're moving to a system of regular updates, not just fixes but regular updates that bring new features that our customers truly value."

So here's a guess(speculation, rumor, whatever you like to call it):

After Update2(GDR2), there could be GDR3(Update3), and after that, there could still be yet another "major wrap-up", it could be called win8.1.x or 8.x, or "doorstep(threshold) to the win9 ecosystem", start menu or other new features might appear, before the release of win9.

Natureally you could also express your guesses too, but please don't flame me, you couldn't argue/flame/dismiss a guess/speculation/rumor, right? :laugh:

Will there be further updates to Win8.1 after update2?

MS Keynote in Computex:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/speeches/2014/06-03computex.aspx

Quoting Tony Prophet:

...."Second, to accelerating our innovation pace. You've spoken, we've listened. Gone are the days of a three-year release cycle. We've taken your feedback and we're moving to a system of regular updates, not just fixes but regular updates that bring new features that our customers truly value."

So here's a guess(speculation, rumor, whatever you like to call it):

After Update2(GDR2), there could be GDR3(Update3), and after that, there could still be yet another "major wrap-up", it could be called win8.1.x or 8.x, or "doorstep(threshold) to the win9 ecosystem", start menu or other new features might appear, before the release of win9.

Natureally you could also express your guesses too, but please don't flame me, you couldn't argue/flame/dismiss a guess/speculation/rumor, right? :laugh:

A fall and spring update?

I like the idea of 6 monthly updates for Windows 8.1. As long as its ongoing updates. 

what the heck does "raid on earth celestial axis" mean? why do these people throw these weird terminology into their stuff...i dont get it lol.

If Windows 9 is Spring 2015 like they're saying, which is April IMO, same as Windows 8.1 Update 1 then I see it as very unlikely that we'll get a Update 3.  I mean if there's going to be a Update 2 coming then we're talking when? September or October?    That's 5-6 months, if that's the schedule, unless it's sooner and 4 months and we're talking August.   It's already June though, if there was a Update 2 coming in August and not later in the year I think we'd have more info about it but so far it's been very quiet.

I don't think they're going to rush as quick as some hope, 6 months sounds more realistic and that would mean a Update 2 in the Winter, RTM October, and GA in November.  They really like November as we've seen.   That would then match up perfect with another Spring OS release which points to Threshold or Windows 9.  We think Threshold is going to be 9 and it would make sense, specially with the news of the new start menu delay, they want to get off of Windows 8. 

If Windows 9 is Spring 2015 like they're saying, which is April IMO, same as Windows 8.1 Update 1 then I see it as very unlikely that we'll get a Update 3.  I mean if there's going to be a Update 2 coming then we're talking when? September or October?    That's 5-6 months, if that's the schedule, unless it's sooner and 4 months and we're talking August.   It's already June though, if there was a Update 2 coming in August and not later in the year I think we'd have more info about it but so far it's been very quiet.

I don't think they're going to rush as quick as some hope, 6 months sounds more realistic and that would mean a Update 2 in the Winter, RTM October, and GA in November.  They really like November as we've seen.   That would then match up perfect with another Spring OS release which points to Threshold or Windows 9.  We think Threshold is going to be 9 and it would make sense, specially with the news of the new start menu delay, they want to get off of Windows 8. 

Like I said, it's just my guess, if you think it's a rumor, then take it with a spoonful of salt: :)

Windows Codename Blue -> Windows 8.1 Updates 1/2/3

Windows Codename Threshold -> Windows 8.1.x or 8.x , or whatever MS would name it

Windows Codename 9 -> Windows 9 , or whatever MS would name it

btw, I saw some "suggestions" that said MS thinks Win8 has a bad name, and wished to release win9 faster so as to leave win8(or the win8 series) behind - this is total baloney.

I personaly think that Internet Explorer 12 is going to be part of Update 2. I think Microsoft want IE12 out there before this year ends because begin next year, on patch Tuesday of January, Windows 7 mainstream support will end, which means: no new versions of IE anymore, making IE12 the last version of IE for Windows 7.

Update: The MS guy who posted the windows product list in FB had posted some infos, since he wished to keep low profile and asked me not to post link referring to his post, therefore I had said it was a "guess". Naturally you need to take it as rumor and add the usual grains of salt, or, like MJF and her fans did, just say it's fake info, it's your choice.

Now for some reason, the PCBeta thread was locked(not concerned with his post), so I believe I could post the google-translated page:

screen1648.jpg

Update: The MS guy who posted the windows product list in FB had posted some infos, since he wished to keep low profile and asked me not to post link referring to his post, therefore I had said it was a "guess". Naturally you need to take it as rumor and add the usual grains of salt, or, like MJF and her fans did, just say it's fake info, it's your choice.

Now for some reason, the PCBeta thread was locked(not concerned with his post), so I believe I could post the google-translated page:

screen1648.jpg

So basicaly, we will see an Windows 8.1 Update 2, Windows 8.1 Update 3 AND Windows 8.2 in the future.

So basicaly, we will see an Windows 8.1 Update 2, Windows 8.1 Update 3 AND Windows 8.2 in the future.

Yup, but 8.2 might not be named 8.2.....who knows?. :)

Yup, but 8.2 might not be named 8.2.....who knows?. :)

Well, I doubt that we will see it named Windows 8.2. By the time such an update would be released, we're a good 3 years after the release of Windows 8. Time to move on to Windows 9. Also, there are now already so much rumors about Windows 9, Windows Phone 9 and Windows Server 9...

Well, I doubt that we will see it named Windows 8.2. By the time such an update would be released, we're a good 3 years after the release of Windows 8. Time to move on to Windows 9. Also, there are now already so much rumors about Windows 9, Windows Phone 9 and Windows Server 9...

Yeah, I know people could find it difficult to believe and would rather take what Thurrott/MJF said, so, just wait for show-time. :)

Small info update, take it as a rumor - it's still quite far away, and plans could change anyway : :)

Windows Codename Blue -> Windows 8.1 Updates 1/2/3, Update3 expected 2015 Spring.
Windows Codename Threshold -> Windows 8.1.x or 8.x , or whatever MS would name it, there will be 1 preview, expected 2015 Q2~Q3
Windows Codename 9 -> Windows 9 , or whatever MS would name it, there will be 2 previews, first preview expected 2015 Q2~Q3.

Small info update, take it as a rumor - it's still quite far away, and plans could change anyway : :)

Windows Codename Blue -> Windows 8.1 Updates 1/2/3, Update3 expected 2015 Spring.

Windows Codename Threshold -> Windows 8.1.x or 8.x , or whatever MS would name it, there will be 1 preview, expected 2015 Q2~Q3

Windows Codename 9 -> Windows 9 , or whatever MS would name it, there will be 2 previews, first preview expected 2015 Q2~Q3.

Hi FaiKee :)

No disrespect, but that roadmap makes no sense :\

Threshold and 9 are different Windows?

I also don't think they're two different things but the same.  Well, we'll find out more the closer we get to 2015 that's for sure.

Update 2 will be released in the fall.

Update 3 will be released in the spring of next year.

Windows Threshold will unify the Windows operating system, through Windows Phone, Xbox One, Windows 8, and Windows RT. It's unknown if Threshold is Windows 9, or Windows 8.2.

If Threshold is 8.2, a preview will be released close to Update 3, during build, and then Windows 9 would be in the fall with a GA of 8.2.

If Threshold is 9, a preview will be released close to Update 3, during build, and in the middle of the 1st preview and GA, there will be a 2nd preview.

If Threshold isn't Windows 9, Windows 9 would include more cloud/Azure integration.

Hi FaiKee :)

No disrespect, but that roadmap makes no sense :\

Threshold and 9 are different Windows?

AFAIK, yes, they are different, anyway, only time could tell. :)

This indeed doesn't make any kind of sence. Why would Microsoft release 2 previews of 2 different operating systems with the same purpose in the same timeframe. Also, this would make that Windows 9 follow upon Windows 8.2/8.5/whatever, extremely quick...