WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

Maybe Wzor is a group of people. They could switch places for the main Wzor every year or every time suspicion is aroused, so all suspicion isn't on one guy.

Yup, in win7 times, 3 guys were in their group and posted win infos in torrents.ru(now rutracker): Zukona, WZor, and another guy(forgot name).

In win 8 times, Zukona gone, and WZor in Soft-forum called themselves "Uncle Ku & co.", and Zascot was the guy who had access to corpnet., after win8 RTM, nobody had access to corpnet anymore(and we knew what had happened, "the Seattle arrest").

But WZor had never posted leaks from other people and made it look like it was his(actually, he had always posted his own exclusive links), until these "win8.1Update downloads". :)

Wouldnt it be the build thats due in August/September and not Windows 9? 

Since update 1 for Win8.1 didn't change the build number and this is a new build it could very well be the Windows 9 branch OR maybe this time the next update does change the build number which is also possible.

We all know the next version of Windows builds off of the one before it so if the next update later this year brings the new start menu with it then it could be the first "build" in what will be the final Windows 9 release.  Remember that they're now doing Windows updates faster and different, setting a 4-6 month goal and then releasing whatever is finished it seems. 

Since update 1 for Win8.1 didn't change the build number and this is a new build it could very well be the Windows 9 branch OR maybe this time the next update does change the build number which is also possible.

We all know the next version of Windows builds off of the one before it so if the next update later this year brings the new start menu with it then it could be the first "build" in what will be the final Windows 9 release.  Remember that they're now doing Windows updates faster and different, setting a 4-6 month goal and then releasing whatever is finished it seems. 

I doubt that Windows NT 6.3.9740 is a Windows 8.1 build, like you said, Windows 8.1 Update 1 only changed the subbuild number, this build 9740 IS the next big iteration, if it is Windows 8.2, 8.5 or 9 is op to the future. But certainly not Windows 8.1 Update 2.

I don't really expect a 8.2 or a 8.5, they're going to go right to 9 by this time next year I expect.  We'll see, the next update isn't that far away from what rumors are saying.

I hope if they go straight to 9, then they do it right. 2 separate OS's under the hood. Desktop with start menu for desktops/laptops and Metro for touch devices. Thats all they need to do to make Windows 9 a success, so if I see that in a leaked build screenshot or something, many, many, many people would be incredibly happy once again. 

I hope they release 8.2 and use it as a test bed for Windows 9, and then build upon that for 9 to make it just as good, or better than, Windows 7.

They had the chance with update 1 to call it 8.2 and they didn't, they easily could've IMO.  So I don't think they're going to change it with the next update either.

The idea is clear though, it's one OS but dynamic enough that you can use either environment or a mix of both if you want.  So I expect Windows 9 to default to desktop with new start menu and windowed store apps while if you have touch (touch laptop or hybrid) x86 you'll get desktop and modern, updated start screen.  Touch only like a tablet will give you pure modern/metro 2.0 and hide the desktop if it's x86 or not have it at all if it's ARM based.

Heck the goal for ARM devices is to have the same OS for phone and tablets so no desktop there really.

I have a Lenovo Yoga and had everything set to always boot to the start screen.

Upon installing Update 1 I all of a sudden boot straight to desktop.

I hope in the next version they at least ask then in stead of assuming I want the desktop by default

I have a Lenovo Yoga and had everything set to always boot to the start screen.

Upon installing Update 1 I all of a sudden boot straight to desktop.

I hope in the next version they at least ask then in stead of assuming I want the desktop by default

The Yoga has touch right?  But it's not a hybrid in the sense that the kb doesn't come off from the screen turning it into a tablet, it's still really a laptop in that sense.  I think with update 1 the system detects a kb that's attached and doesn't come off and figures you'd want to go to desktop more.  

I agree they need to have you pick, maybe with the next version, 9 in this case, it'll be part of the post-install process.

They had the chance with update 1 to call it 8.2 and they didn't, they easily could've IMO.  So I don't think they're going to change it with the next update either.

The idea is clear though, it's one OS but dynamic enough that you can use either environment or a mix of both if you want.  So I expect Windows 9 to default to desktop with new start menu and windowed store apps while if you have touch (touch laptop or hybrid) x86 you'll get desktop and modern, updated start screen.  Touch only like a tablet will give you pure modern/metro 2.0 and hide the desktop if it's x86 or not have it at all if it's ARM based.

Heck the goal for ARM devices is to have the same OS for phone and tablets so no desktop there really.

As long as I can override the defaults, I'd be cool with that.

If there was a plan for windows 8.2(there never was), it would need to have a RTM build no. 10000 or 10400 to be in consistency with MS numerology, but it couldn't do that because windows codename 9 prototype build 9622 was made back in Nov. 2012, and has been developed by a different branch (win9 branch). :)

Since there was also no hint of build 9601, so the Fall GDR would probably be 9600. with bumped up delta, the latest known build, as everybody knows, is 9600.17105.

093043xilmrb54vhsxcmss.jpg

Windows 9 RT will probably go to the rumoured Windows 365, or Windows CloudOS, since Windows Cloud is going to be light weight on the device. Windows Cloud will probably be also for devices on a contract, so you can upgrade your device rapidly, etc without the costs of switching a normal Windows device (migration costs, device costs, etc)

In Windows 9, we will be seeing the slimming down of Windows, diminishing traces of legacy. Windows 9 will probably be a big UI update for desktop users, with some adjustments for touch.

~ Windows 9.2 to Windows 10 is when we'll be seeing 3 screens and a cloud.

Windows 9 RT will probably go to the rumoured Windows 365, or Windows CloudOS, since Windows Cloud is going to be light weight on the device. Windows Cloud will probably be also for devices on a contract, so you can upgrade your device rapidly, etc without the costs of switching a normal Windows device (migration costs, device costs, etc)

In Windows 9, we will be seeing the slimming down of Windows, diminishing traces of legacy. Windows 9 will probably be a big UI update for desktop users, with some adjustments for touch.

~ Windows 9.2 to Windows 10 is when we'll be seeing 3 screens and a cloud.

I think we're a ways off from a completely cloud SKU. It's a fringe market, if anything at all. Just look at ChromeOS, no one is using it.

I think we're a ways off from a completely cloud SKU. It's a fringe market, if anything at all. Just look at ChromeOS, no one is using it.

There are reports of it coming in Windows 9.5 or 10, and it's just for really lightweight devices and cheap devices, since Windows Cloud is speculated to be free.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/peter-lee-head-microsoft-research-google-x-windows-9-future-computing/#!J5dE6

<Microsoft?s head of research opens up about Google X, Windows 9, and the future>

Windows 9

Another rare, top-down command might shape the next iteration of Windows, which is likely to be called Windows 9 ? although Lee declined to even confirm the existence of an update to the OS. New CEO Satya Nadella has made clear his vision of a cloud-enabled Windows. He even stressed it in his first letter to the to the company.

Yet Windows at present doesn?t rely on the cloud for computing power. Sure, there?s OneDrive, a great place to store stuff, and the Office family of apps can be run from the cloud. But unlike other Microsoft products, that?s where the integration ends.

Bing, by contrast, lives and breathes because of the hidden, back-end power of the cloud, as does Siri ? and by extension, some of the neatest features of the Windows Phone platform (Android too, of course). But the desktop? Not so much.

That?ll change in Windows 9, if Microsoft Research has anything to say about it.

?One of the mission-focused activities [those dictated by other divisions within the company] is centered around something called the Enterprise Graph. It sounds really boring but for us it?s really interesting,? he said.

Presently, Windows doesn?t rely on the cloud for computing power ? That?ll change in Windows 9.

Microsoft has a lot of customers that are big companies with hundreds of thousands of employees. Your smartphone may realize you take the same route to work everyday, thanks to data stored and analyzed in the loud, but Windows apps and the OS itself just don?t get it.

?Using machine learning to extract relationships, entities, key ideas being worked on and bring those to the surface in tools. Maybe even digital-assistant tools to make companies more productive and smarter. That?s one area we?re going at? for Windows 9, Lee said.

If that sounds familiar, it should: It?s how Bing processes and parses pieces of information to understand that your search for ?Adam Levine news? is really for gossip about the Maroon 5 guy ? and surfaces news that lets you tell your friends ?dude, did you hear, he just dyed his hair!? Doing it for computers is different than doing it for the world wide web, Lee said.

?Bing tries to understand entities. When someone does a Bing search for ?Canon 4D? and they click the Canon Rebel link, we learn about those relationships. With enterprise there?s similar issues but with much less data. The computer science ends up being different.?

?If I write a document and I want to say, share this with the appropriate people that work with Vikram from the meeting, or say, ?what?s trending around me at work,? not in my personal space but at work ? answering questions like that requires a very different kind of machine learning,? he said.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/peter-lee-head-microsoft-research-google-x-windows-9-future-computing/#!J5dE6

<Microsoft?s head of research opens up about Google X, Windows 9, and the future>

It's about time Windows becomes more connected. Microsoft really needs to bring the Metro UX to the desktop, and I don't mean by just shoving Metro apps into window frames... I'm talking the whole UX.

Sorry, mate, no infos yet.(It's still alpha,) :)  

Booo :P Im just gunna take stab in the dark and say its that Windows in the cloud thing. But yeah, a leak would be awesome ;)

Windows in the cloud is one of the few things I couldn't be less excited about, and more fearful of, why on earth would I want an online subscription based OS?

• Like 2

We don't know what they mean with this, if it's like Office 365 where you get multiple copies of Windows to install on your PC/Tablets and then future updates then it could be a good deal depending on price.   OR it might not be what we think, it could be a mode that's a step up from the basic "offline" Windows we have now with it's current level of syncing and so on.  What if Windows Cloud is basically a subscription option that lets you "mirror" your whole desktop on the cloud and then access it from anything with just a login?  It'd be like Remote desktop but in this case the desktop you'd be connecting too is in the cloud (like a personal VM for users) and not your own desktop PC back home.

If it's like that, then heck why not?