Photo

WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

win9

374 replies to this topic

#361 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:22

Do you know for what it "Preview" says? "Windows 9 Preview"? Or do you only know it now says "Preview".

It says Windows Technical Preview.

#362 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:31

The splash screens of Threshold builds have been updated to say 'preview'.

Brad, any indication when Microsoft might be planning to announce this?

#363 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Posted 20 August 2014 - 20:52

It says Windows Technical Preview.

So they are doing something similar as they did with Windows 8, of which the first preview was called "Windows Developer Preview", not Windows 8... Let's hope the september/october rumors are true. :)

#364 GlitchDroidSchweetz

GlitchDroidSchweetz

Neowinian

• OS: Windows (Hopefully, The current Touch optimized windows once it is fully optimized for desktop with desktop features and a Window System.)
  • Phone: iPod Touch

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:05

Any Screenshots of Splash Screens of Threshold that have ben updated to say preview that you could show us?

#365 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted Yesterday, 00:51

Brad, any indication when Microsoft might be planning to announce this?

Late September per Foley, I have only been hearing 'soon'.

So they are doing something similar as they did with Windows 8, of which the first preview was called "Windows Developer Preview", not Windows 8... Let's hope the september/october rumors are true. :)

Correct.

Any Screenshots of Splash Screens of Threshold that have ben updated to say preview that you could show us?

Yes and no. Yes there are screenshots but they can't be shared for obvious reasons.

Current build is 982X.

#366 GlitchDroidSchweetz

GlitchDroidSchweetz

Neowinian

• OS: Windows (Hopefully, The current Touch optimized windows once it is fully optimized for desktop with desktop features and a Window System.)
  • Phone: iPod Touch

Posted Yesterday, 00:55

Oh. I wonder if some how WZOR or Faikee could leak those out for us!

#367 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Yesterday, 01:38

Oh. I wonder if some how WZOR or Faikee could leak those out for us!

Sorry, man, I have never leaked builds, just a messenger to report on builds being leaked. :)

Btw, I'd like to mention what happened in 2011: In May canouna mentioned "a new name on win8 builds", in June a OEM guy posted screen-shot of "Windows Developer Preview" in PCBeta, in Sept. MS released WDP - so make a wild guess based on this time-line.

#368 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted Yesterday, 23:45

I now know why FaiKee thinks that Threshold and Windows 9 are two separate things, not saying that I agree, but I know where it is coming from.

#369 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

Posted Today, 00:15

I now know why FaiKee thinks that Threshold and Windows 9 are two separate things, not saying that I agree, but I know where it is coming from.

Care to elaborate?

We all would like to know :)

#370 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Today, 00:18

Care to elaborate?

We all would like to know :)

So am I, don't put us in an enigma, Brad. :)

#371 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted Today, 00:19

I can probably turn it into a post for the front page, will have another Threshold post up tomorrow but it won't be related to this topic.

#372 Digitalfox

Digitalfox

Catch the fox, if you can...

• Phone: iPhone

Posted Today, 00:19

I understand you have to protect you're sources.

So if you don't respond that's fine.

But is it because of 2 branches one with W9 and the other W365? Or W9 and W9RT merge? That rumors started? Or just because at some point when build conference happen the plan was to release a 8.2 instead of August update and work at W9 at the same time 2 branches existed?

#373 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted Today, 00:46

I understand you have to protect you're sources.

So if you don't respond that's fine.

But is it because of 2 branches one with W9 and the other W365? Or W9 and W9RT merge? That rumors started? Or just because at some point when build conference happen the plan was to release a 8.2 instead of August update and work at W9 at the same time 2 branches existed?

Nah I can answer it, has nothing to do with a single source. I'll turn it into a blog post but it has to do with the design updates to the OS. If you were to put two builds right next to each either, they look totally different.

#374 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Today, 01:23

Nah I can answer it, has nothing to do with a single source. I'll turn it into a blog post but it has to do with the design updates to the OS. If you were to put two builds right next to each either, they look totally different.

Now I guess I know what you are thinking, and it's not why I said Threshold is not win9, anyway, I would like to see your blog, it will be really interesting for our members.

Leaving for China for the day, hope to see it to-night. :)

#375 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted Today, 13:59

Rapid updates in the current builds looks really interesting: http://www.neowin.ne...lly-interesting