The Evil Within delayed to October
By Michael McWhertor on May 27, 2014 at 10:00a
The Evil Within is no longer a summer game. Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks' survival horror adventure is now hitting just prior to Halloween on Oct. 21, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced today.
The game was originally scheduled for release on Aug. 26 in North America and Aug. 29 in Europe. The Evil Within is slated for simultaneous release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The Evil Within is being developed at Tango Gameworks, the Tokyo-based studio that Mikami founded in March 2010. Bethesda's parent company, ZeniMax Media, acquired the studio in October 2010.
For more on The Evil Within, read Polygon's impressions of two of the game's levels from PAX East and our feature on creator Shinji Mikami.
The Evil Within will now terrify players right in the thick of Halloween season – releasing on October 21st in North America, October 23rd in Australia, and throughout Europe on October 24th, 2014. With your pre-order of the game, you’ll receive The Fighting Chance Pack, which includes:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within Release Date: Evil Takes Hold in August
Announced today, we’re happy to share news that The Evil Within, the new survival horror game from Tango Gameworks (led by Resident Evil’s Shinji Mikami) will release on Tuesday, August 26th in North America and three days later (August 29th) in Europe.
To celebrate the occasion, for the first time we’re showcasing the game’s final packaging in the Vine above.
We’ve got much more coming on The Evil Within. Discuss the game in our forums and be on the lookout for news and updates on our Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.