Do you use a stylus on your smartphone or tablet?

Do you use a stylus on your smartphone or tablet?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a stylus on your smartphone or tablet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Don't have a smartphone/tablet

Simple question. Do you use a stylus on your capacitive touchscreen smartphone or tablet?

I don't. I recently got one just to try it out, and I can't see a use for it. It seems no more precise than just a finger and makes using the screen really awkward.

Depends on the tablet.  Still got one junker tablet running XP, that one has a small resolution and is fairly hard to work with just using fingers.  My other devices (phones and tablets, Android and Windows 7) not usually no.

There's one in my note 3 so yes sometimes I use it. Hovering the pointer over links mimics mouse over options which Neowin relies on a lot. I refuse to use any mobile sites.

I use it for handwriting only on my Galaxy Note II.

I just ordered a Surface Pro 2 and it comes with one so I guess my answer is yes.

I'll probably use it in Photoshop and OneNote mostly.

That's a bit different from a capacitive touchscreen stylus though.

Sometimes, not as often as I would like to, typing on my Note 10.1 is faster using my fingers etc...

(I usually would use the stylus, saves me from having to clean the screen)

Nope and never really thought about it either. I cannot think of anything that I would do on it that would require that much precision.

I have one that came with my case for my tablet.   I try to use it, but find it slows me down.  I have seen people at my job take notes on their iPads with a stylus and it works quite smoothly for them.  Haven't bene able to do this with my tablet however which is an Android, so that is about the only reason I think I'd use a stylus anymore would be to take notes on the tablet.  :)

They just seem to be awkward and annoying, only time I see Mom using it on her Surface is for one game, but it's workable without it, think she uses it just to say she does

• 2 weeks later...

nope, my fingers work just fine for my phone and tablet.