ff vs chrome

I use Firefox as my primary browse mostly because of it's extenson base.  

I have used Chrome, have it installed as well as Opera and IE all for testing sites I manage.  I have to admit, at one time, I did switch to Chrome about a year ago and used it full time.  It worked great and I had no problems, but switched back to Firefox, mostly because they give you a lot more options in the GUI to adjust to my personal liking.

Like other's have said, it is personal experience and preference for choosing the browser you want and feel most comfortable in.  :)

Just an FYI, the abbreviation for Firefox is fx not ff.

Never seen Firefox abbreviated as FX personally....only ever seen it abbreviated FF....had he titled the thread "fx vs chrome" I would be opening it to see what FX was....

Never seen Firefox abbreviated as FX personally....only ever seen it abbreviated FF....had he titled the thread "fx vs chrome" I would be opening it to see what FX was....

Mozilla prefers Fx.  Been that way for a long time, here's really old release notes for example, #8 in the FAQ.

http://website-archive.mozilla.org/www.mozilla.org/firefox_releasenotes/en-US/firefox/releases/1.0.6.html

How do I spell Firefox? How do I abbreviate it?

Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".

IE11 is very good but lacks addons, which IMHO kills its appeal to many, including me.

Firefox is my browser of choice for the addons. It has great speed and it's been reliably updated to address bugs and fixes.

Chrome is light and the addons can make it usable, but the font rendering problems still are present after a gazillion updates. Until the devs fix this, I won't consider switching to it. I guess many users just don't care about this or have become used to the way many site fonts looks jagged. Also, not supporting DPI scaling properly (I have and HTPC which I run at 150% PPI) is a bummer.

i am aware of the fact that both of them are great (as i've used both of them), but was just wondering since there were lots of recent crash/bugs conversation.

what about from developer's perspective?

From a developers prospective, I like firefox the best because of compatibility and chrome has issues with font rendering that can really annoy me at times.