PS4 Exclusive Deep Down

I'm really on the fence about this one.

It looks great visually and these videos show that the gameplay could be really fun. My main concern is how it all comes together and how the F2P elements are leveraged.

Plus, I wonder how long it will take to see that game outside of Japan since it was delayed there.

To be fair, I think the first trailer really set expectations too high, nothing they could show would ever meet them lol.

I'm not very big on these types of games but I don't think Dark Souls has anything to worry about. Saying that, for F2P it looks mighty impressive. From the video my concern would be there isn't enough variation in locations. It was either corridors or caves. Some otutdoor scenes would really help.

I wouldn't be dismissing it because it's Capcom either. They've fallen on hard times and nickle/dime with on disc dlc and digital dlc, but you should all look to Dragon's Dogma and be rest assured they know their RPGs.

To be fair, I think the first trailer really set expectations too high, nothing they could show would ever meet them lol.

I'm not very big on these types of games but I don't think Dark Souls has anything to worry about. Saying that, for F2P it looks mighty impressive. From the video my concern would be there isn't enough variation in locations. It was either corridors or caves. Some otutdoor scenes would really help.

I wouldn't be dismissing it because it's Capcom either. They've fallen on hard times and nickle/dime with on disc dlc and digital dlc, but you should all look to Dragon's Dogma and be rest assured they know their RPGs.

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen <3

One of my favourite games of last gen, soo good.

The only thing that excites me about Deep Down is that is shows me what future, current-gen-only (PS4/Xbone) versions of Dark Soul will/could look like. The game looks amazing. And I drool at the thought of a Souls game that looks this good.

However, I have zero faith that this game will be good/fun. Capcom games have been sh-- for a long time now, and their recent corporate shift to F2P/mobile doesn't give me any confidence that this game will be any good.

Is it just me or did that guy in the red top walking around remind anyone of Knightmare

I think only UK folk will get.

That's what I instantly thought of too :laugh:

Not giving much away, I really hope there's more variation to levels.

That's what I instantly thought of too :laugh:

Not giving much away, I really hope there's more variation to levels.

This is my problem with it. While it looks nice and the premise is kind of interesting.

My main problems are it's F2P and all we've seen are linear dungeons and the only times we've seen an open area is when they fight a boss.