Photo

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#76 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 13:36

A rather quick back-pedal from a "let's torture the SOB" position.

You ever hear of satire, regardless though I don't think that SOB should be playing any video games. 

#77 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,021 posts
  • Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 18 February 2014 - 13:44

How about all you sick people who want to torture him or kill hi for vengeance fix the criminal rehab system in your own counties before you complain about others, seeing as ours results in less crime as supposed to your punishment systems that result in increased and harder crime.

I'm pretty sure none of the kids he killed was American either so why do you guys want vengeance on him anyway.

It's cool to be an internet tough guy and say a tonne of illegal, sadistic nonsense they'd like to see the person subjected to. The same nonsense they'll be condemning when it happens to a person who breaks a law in another country.

#78 ir0nw0lf

ir0nw0lf

Neowinian Fanatic

• 2,145 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:00

Hey Anders! PS4 is out! Jeez man, get with the times.

Let the f'er starve.

I'm sure he didn't want to be *too* greedy and try to push for a PS4.

All the PS4 owners are probably going "get him a XB1" :rofl:

#79 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,332 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:11

No need for bloodthirsty remarks.  A simple "No, and if you chose not to eat then that is your prerogative"

#80 ir0nw0lf

ir0nw0lf

Neowinian Fanatic

• 2,145 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:08

No need for bloodthirsty remarks.  A simple "No, and if you chose not to eat then that is your prerogative"

Human nature, it's hard to sympathize with someone who killed so many people with no regard to human decency.  I don't wish this guy to starve outright but if he chooses to protest in that manner, that's his choice I guess.  Stupid choice but he's obviously not a bastion of good choice making. :wacko:

#81 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian Senior

• 1,596 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:32

Point of order.. Not ONE of the victims family members have ever said they want Breivik mistreated in any way.  Therefore, you are the one without a clue here, sorry.

Are you a mind reader? talk about being without a clue here.

#82 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:49

Considerably more clued in than you are.  Do you know any Norwegian people?  I do, they tell me there was no demand for harsher punishment; this is how they deal with their criminals and why they have such a low crime rate and lower re-offending rate.

Can the US say the same? Of course not, and never will.

#83 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,093 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:27

criminal rehab system

with his attitude i doubt you can rehab him anyway.

#84 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:07

with his attitude i doubt you can rehab him anyway.

He is never going to be a free man again anyway, that doesn't mean we should torture him.

Locking someone up without the ability to use their mind is essentially torture, mental torture that will destroy him more than he already is. He was already refused taking an education in civil law or something. Giving him a game console is a cheap solution to keeping his brain occupied. And if you think playing games all day is fun, the you're either very young or you have never been sick or without a job for long periods.

#85 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:12

Sorry but in this case YOU are definitely the one without a clue. If you really wanted you could look up both documentaries on the case and interviews with the families and relatives. Or even how your own media talked about how differently Norwegians handled this situation compared to your own publics immediate cry for blood and vengeance, for far less. Your people gang up and cry havoc and war, Norwegians got together and gave a message of peace, showing the terrorist where he can show his terror fear and ideologies, you guys give the terrorists the terror they want.

#86 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:30

^ Sadly, this is a lesson that the UK learned from the IRA, and then forgot again when the US went mad over the twin towers.

Anyway.  If you want to take the measure of a society, you need look no further than how it treats its criminals.  I think Norway comes off pretty damned good in that regard.

#87 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 4,030 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:57

According to Stewart Lee, he is a big fan of Jeremy Clarkson :)

#88 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian Senior

• 1,596 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 21:18

Considerably more clued in than you are.  Do you know any Norwegian people?  I do, they tell me there was no demand for harsher punishment; this is how they deal with their criminals and why they have such a low crime rate and lower re-offending rate.

Can the US say the same? Of course not, and never will.

Well lets see:

"Breivik, who is held separately from other prisoners for his protection"

Sounds like that good old Norwegian justice system is working properly when even the other inmates want to harm the guy, I wonder if any of the other inmates were relatives of the 77 victims.

#89 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 21:37

Well lets see:

"Breivik, who is held separately from other prisoners for his protection"

Sounds like that good old Norwegian justice system is working properly when even the other inmates want to harm the guy, I wonder if any of the other inmates were relatives of the 77 victims.

You won't give up will you?  Even though one of the posters here is Norwegian, you just can't believe that not everyone in the world is as barbaric and bloodthirsty in their treatment of criminals as you are.

I pity you, truly.

#90 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• 1,098 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 19 February 2014 - 21:43

Breivik, who is held separately from other prisoners for his protection

Seems they need to let him wander into the "regular prison population" to me.