Photo

Graphics card fan broken (Asus R9 280X), Replacement?

16 replies to this topic

#16 OP Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

Posted 19 February 2014 - 15:25

In the scheme of things it's a small niggle, I'm lucky I'm still using the card just fine, and could use another fan if I chose at any point.  It's just kind of annoying I can't purchase a new one as I'd have expected from a company with a reputation like Asus.  Perhaps they're all like this these days?

I'd push further.

In fact, I'd call their bluff. "I was told when I called a week ago that under certain circumstances, it would be possible to be issued with a replacement fan for a fee. I was told that I was able to purchase one at that time. I was unable to pay due to being at work at the time but now I'm available to do it."

:shiftyninja:

Well I might submit some feedback to somewhere higher in the company regarding this policy (it's worked before).  When I find some time I'll write a long and thorough email :p

#17 turnkit

turnkit

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:33

I bought this one on eBay for my busted fan blade.  The fan was already going out, I was just dumb enough to stick a paper envelope in it to see if I could isolate the sound... and the edge of the paper was stuff enough to snap the blade.  

http://www.ebay.com/...A-/171297318283

Used the part number to search.

Am a bit concerned on the wiring but I think I'll just cut and splice the existing wires by color.  The end connector looks different.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!