xbox one headset advice

xbox headset xbox one turtle beach polk audio

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BaZurk

BaZurk

Neowin OldSkooler

Posted 17 February 2014 - 17:35

So heres the deal, i need a new headset for xbox one. Id prefer to be able to use it on my pc as well. Im looking at either the turtle beack xo sevens or polk audios 4shot. Any suggestions?

#2 OP BaZurk

BaZurk

Neowin OldSkooler

Posted 17 February 2014 - 23:47

Bump.....any ideas people?

#3 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 February 2014 - 23:50

There are no headsets actually out for the xbox one yet I don't believe. You will have to wait until early March. Turtlebeachs are always a great choice though!

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:24

I agree with SMELTN, I wouldn't rush out to buy the first option available. It's going to take a while before the "premium" headsets become available. Anything on offer now is really just going to be a repackaged headset with X1 stickers on it. The stereo headset from MS isn't releasing until March but it's only compatible with the X1 IIRC due to the proprietary connector. There's still no wireless headsets available either if you're after that.

#5 OP BaZurk

BaZurk

Neowin OldSkooler

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:11

i think im getting the turtle beach xo sevens. Always been happy with their products.

#6 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:20

I like the Polks cause you can use them with other bluetooth devices like smartphones, tablets, etc and they look better too.

#7 OP BaZurk

BaZurk

Neowin OldSkooler

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:46

The polk 4shot are bluetooth ??

#8 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 23:46

The polk 4shot are bluetooth ??

Sorry misread the product page, its says compatible with smartphones and tablets and its a wireless headset so I assumed it was bluetooth.

But it isn't, I believe it requires a wired connection to use it on other devices.

#9 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 00:55

One thing to keep in mind when buying a headset is that once the adapter is released from MS in March, you can have you pick of just about any stereo headset.  The adapter works with  most of the standard headset connectors.  You can check out MS' page for the adapter to see if any you are looking at would not be compatible. 

#10 OP BaZurk

BaZurk

Neowin OldSkooler

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:29

Thanks for the advice guy. your 100 perfect right. I should just hold off for now. Ill check the adapter page.

#11 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:33

I am personally looking at the official MS ones that are $80. Can preorder them on Amazon.

41e1rRtiXRL.jpg

#12 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 20 February 2014 - 13:40

I am getting those as well, my only question though, is are these actual only connected to the controller or do these have to be plugged into the back of the TV like all the other headsets? 

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 20 February 2014 - 13:52

I am getting those as well, my only question though, is are these actual only connected to the controller or do these have to be plugged into the back of the TV like all the other headsets? 

They plug into the controller.

#14 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 20 February 2014 - 14:37

From the amazon page linked above:

Product Description
The Xbox One Stereo Headset delivers a premium audio experience for both game and chat audio.* Its full-range audio spectrum provides deep bass and crystal-clear high frequencies, while its unidirectional microphone ensures clear communication. The over-the-ear design gives you a comfortable fit for long gaming sessions, and its easy to set up with no wiring to your TV or console. EN/FR/ES US/Canada Hdwr *Voice chat requires Xbox Live; in-game chat requires Xbox Live Gold (sold separately).

#15 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 18 March 2014 - 14:53

I did not want to start a new thread so figured I would just ask in this one, the Official MS One Stereo Headset I posted the picture of above, I am correct in understanding that it is not actually a surround sound headset right? That it is just a Stereo Headset? So one does not have directional sound, etc??

I was thinking of picking these up, but then I read multiple people saying it is not actually directional based surround sound, so I am probably going to hold off making the purchase now.

I do have a $10 Best Buy credit and if I was going to purchase them was going to leave in about 30 minutes to do so, so if anyone can confirm my question or not before that time it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

DL