• Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6 JB

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:08

New firmware is out.

Includes: 
* Picture quality during DVD playback has been improved
* Wireless stereo headsets are now supported
* You can now mute the Playstation Camera
* System software stability has been improved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically the same as 1.60 firmware, so not sure exactly what has been updated. 

-----

PS4 Firmware 1.6

PS Vita Firmware 3.12

PS4 Owner Impressions

PlayStation Now

PS4 Virtual Reality (Project Morpheus)

Edited by Andrew G., 05 April 2014 - 15:49.

#2 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:13

Probably minor bug fixes. I hope they add 3D BluRay support soon, and improve the multi-channel audio support for applications like Netflix. I still use my PS3 for multimedia playback. :s

Edit: Thanks for the heads up. 

#3 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:08

I was hoping for a little more, but progress is progress. 

We all have a wish list of things they could improve.

#4 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:12

Probably minor bug fixes. I hope they add 3D BluRay support soon, and improve the multi-channel audio support for applications like Netflix. I still use my PS3 for multimedia playback. :s

Edit: Thanks for the heads up.

Netflix/PS4 audio options are broken. No matter what I do I do not get center channel audio through Netflix. They need to bring back the PS3 advanced audio options and fast. It's really ******* off people who have home audio systems and rightly so.

Most games work fine, although there are reports of center audio missing in NBA.

#5 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:19

I am surprised that it didnt ship with Stereo headset support.

#6 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:23

Found out what was updated

ipkQmVjDISVU9.gif

:rofl:

#7 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:25

ipkQmVjDISVU9.gif

image doesn't work for me

#8 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:26

Netflix/PS4 audio options are broken. No matter what I do I do not get center channel audio through Netflix. They need to bring back the PS3 advanced audio options and fast. It's really ******* off people who have home audio systems and rightly so.

Most games work fine, although there are reports of center audio missing in NBA.

??? I watched 9 episodes of House of Cards this past weekend on Netflix and my audio was working no issues at all.

#9 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

War. War never changes.

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:26

ipkQmVjDISVU9.gif

:laugh:

#10 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:27

??? I watched 9 episodes of House of Cards this past weekend on Netflix and my audio was working no issues at all.

Double check your center speaker. If it is working also double check it is actually running in 5.1/DTS and not stereo with multi-channel output.

Lots of people have no center channel at all (me included), and the only way we can get Netflix using it is to force 2.0 stereo and then have our audio systems output in multi-channel/dolby pro logic. This is running through HDMI by the way in case you're on optical Larry. PCM selected as well.

We (myself included) know it's the PS4 as the PS3 works fine through the exact same audio system. The topic on the official forums is now 35 pages.

#11 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:31

So they're pushing out 300+mb updates with no new features?  It is 2014 and Sony have still not heard of deltas?

#12 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:50

Double check your center speaker. If it is working also double check it is actually running in 5.1/DTS and not stereo with multi-channel output.

Lots of people have no center channel at all (me included), and the only way we can get Netflix using it is to force 2.0 stereo and then have our audio systems output in multi-channel/dolby pro logic. This is running through HDMI by the way in case you're on optical Larry. PCM selected as well.

We (myself included) know it's the PS4 as the PS3 works fine through the exact same audio system. The topic on the official forums is now 35 pages.

while I dont have a PS4... shouldnt bitstream be selected instead of PCM?  if you are using bitstream.. your receiver should decode whatever the format is.  And if its a 5.1 title on Netflix.. it should play accordingly..

#13 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:55

Same issue with my Samsung Blu-Ray Player...top of the line POS. 5.1? Forget it...drop out, doesn't work, center channel issues. I still use my PS3 for all media entertainment purposes until I finish my rig for the living room.

while I dont have a PS4... shouldnt bitstream be selected instead of PCM?  if you are using bitstream.. your receiver should decode whatever the format is.  And if its a 5.1 title on Netflix.. it should play accordingly..

PCM is already decoded / Bitstream decodes at the receiver.

Either way should work with most modern receivers.

#14 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:58

Same issue with my Samsung Blu-Ray Player...top of the line POS. 5.1? Forget it...drop out, doesn't work, center channel issues. I still use my PS3 for all media entertainment purposes until I finish my rig for the living room.

PCM is already decoded / Bitstream decodes at the receiver.

Either way should work with most modern receivers.

yes.. but perhaps the PS4 is sending the "wrong" pcm signal?  Im trying to figure out why DirtyLarry would get 5.1 but AB wouldnt...

#15 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2014 - 21:09

yes.. but perhaps the PS4 is sending the "wrong" pcm signal?  Im trying to figure out why DirtyLarry would get 5.1 but AB wouldnt...

PCM is pretty full proof. It's pulse-code modulation.

I honestly think it has to do with Netflix since its affecting other platforms as well.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!