I've been getting more and more used to it now, I still find my self doing things that should be much quicker but the ability to do so from anyone's machine (say, add a user) while on site so I don't have to break out the VPN/Laptop (yes, that 8 second SSD boot time is a killer! ) has saved me some time already
My connections were set on some ridiculously low setting (20 I believe) and I think that it got confused when it tried to coexist with the Exchange 2010 servers (should have been minimum of 200).
I've got all of the 2013 on a DAG group now, I've separated the CAS/Mailbox role even though Microsoft is kind of straying away from this for ease of spreading it across the hosts that are a little more confined on ram.
Setting the new DAG on 2013 was somewhat of a nightmare, why you have to pre-stage the DAG in AD is beyond me and the permissions deal that they haven't fixed yet that you have to apply (that should have all been automatic as far as I'm concerned). Now that the DAG is fully setup and I've tweaked the cluster settings for it it's been pretty much bullet proof in terms of keeping everything in sync.
Some issues I ran into - one of my CAS/MB Combo servers decided to turn off the page file...so it was screwing with IIS, etc - screwed up the content index on one database pretty bad apparently that I had to rebuild. I'm not sure why the pagefile setting got changed (or how) but I know to double check it now.
Now I've got to debate on when I'm going to do that wonderful .local to web domain AD transfer. Hopefully with the reverse proxy I don't need to worry about it anytime soon.
So, cliff notes:
1) Check the Page File
2) Start building a list of frequently used PowerShell scripts that you'll use
3) Server Settings need to have the Network Adaptor selected (and not use all) or else you'll deal with terrible spikes in lag
4) Don't chance a circular log (no matter how temporary) it may be unless you have JUST backed up - not the night before.
5) DAG had to be pre-staged, file share permissions for witness had to be set, Exchange System had to be added to admin account
6) Use DHCP for the cluster - seems more stable for whatever reason in terms of issuing commands now (and you don't have to worry about assigning statics)
7) Run the verification test on the cluster to be happy
8) Exchange 2013 is ok now that it's acting stable and I've fixed all the little bugs; I dread any disaster scenarios - hopefully all of the DAG/Cluster/Redundancy they've built in will be seamless - I'll be testing it this weekend.
Happy Belated Birthday , I saw yesterday the confetti but I was dealing with a TON of people calling in from the road that I had to pull OST into PST and then delete profile and reimport it (rather than dealing with recovery on my backup as it was corrupted and wouldn't just work on a restore, would have had to remote in and fix profile anyways due to the new EDB creation). Since Sunday night I've had 3 hours of sleep, I just finished the last MDB server and started a migration so I'm about to crash...crash...crash...