Selfie (Season 1)

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the pilot, it was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  The lead male is quite a decent actor.  I like him.. but struggle to take my eyes off of Karen.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Selfie? Such an annoying word and concept. I know this show is targeted at millennials/the "app" generation. Hopefully this show gets canceled promptly and is replaced by a series about something more interesting. Anything, even potato farming.

Countryfile?

Unfortunately I don't think even Karen can save this show for me. Maybe in they'd let her use her normal awesome Scottish accent.

• 2 weeks later...
ABC deletes 'Selfie' TV show from its lineup

Selfie. It's a popular word these days for describing a self-portrait, usually taken on a mobile phone, in many cases posted to a social media website with a faux-vintage colored filter. It was also, briefly, the name of a comedy TV series on ABC starring Karen Gillian (formerly of Doctor Who) and John Cho (Harold in the Harold and Kumar series). Although seemingly doomed from the start by its irritating, forced topical name and threadbare premise (an obnoxiously narcissistic woman learns important life lessons from her nebbish male colleague), it actually won praise from some viewers who found it a surprisingly effective critique of the emotional vacuousness of modernity. Or something. In any case, it's gone now: ABC won't be ordering a second season of the series, according to TV Line. With the speed with which the show arrived and disappeared, perhaps it would have better been named Snapchat.

Damn I just checked the trailer and it looked allright :/
Was going to check it out but if theres only 2 episodes, no point