Jump to content



Photo
xbox one kinect microsoft xbox 360

  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#196 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

    Hermit Arcana

  • Joined: 01-December 03
  • Location: UK, Scotland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:18

75% of the Xbox games right now are all either 1080p/60fps or 1080p/30fps. Because the remaining 25% is NOT at those levels, some are taking that to mean that a minority equates the majority. As has been noted time and time again, developers have said that the Xbox One is only marginally less powerful than it's closest competitor. We have also heard that the Xbox One has been difficult to program for and obtain optimum performance. I clearly recall games in the early days of the PS3 being sub res and sub fps compared to the Xbox 360. Even GTA IV wasn't even HD on the PS3. It was early in the life of the PS3 (and Xbox 360). Finally, after more time with the PS3, we were getting more and more games that were consistently 720p as well as 60fps. Could you imagine if we took the first 5 months of the Xbox 360 and PS3 life and determined that they would never achieve the optimal performance based off of a few early titles? We would all sit around looking like clueless gamers. Just because GTA IV on the PS3 wasn't 720p doesn't mean the PS3 couldn't do 720p (hello GTA5).

 

I am amazed at how people have ALREADY called the console race over after a couple short months, and nearly 9 million console sales combined. 

 

? I'm at work so can't get a list but this seems waaaay wrong. The only two games I know of at 1080p are Forza and Strider.




#197 trooper11

trooper11

    Neowinian Senior

  • Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Joined: 21-November 12

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:25

? I'm at work so can't get a list but this seems waaaay wrong. The only two games I know of at 1080p are Forza and Strider.


Right now I think its about 50/50. I think its surprising to some that it would be that high simply becuase not many 1080p games are discussed for the X1 except say Forza. If you just went by disucssions, you might think Forza is the only 1080p game.

I dont know the resolution of every game, but if you start with the famous IGN reoslution list, its 50/50 of games that run 1080p/30 or 60 and then those running below that.

That list is incomplete though as it leaves off several arcade titles, Strider included, so someone would need to make a complete list to know for sure.

#198 Kvally

Kvally

    Neowin Veteran

  • Joined: 18-June 03
  • Location: USA
  • OS: Mac OSX
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:29

? I'm at work so can't get a list but this seems waaaay wrong. The only two games I know of at 1080p are Forza and Strider.

 

1080p:

 

Forza 5

Tomb Raider

Strider

Max The Curse of Brotherhood

Dying Light

UFC

Kinect Sports Rivals

NBA 2K 14

Need for Speed Rivals

Skylanders

Madden 25

Marvel Super Heros Legos

Legos Movie

Project Spark

FIFA 14

Halo Spartan Assault

Zoo Tycoon

Lococycle

Crimson Dragon

 

are the ones I know of.

 

Microsoft has confirmed through Twitter that the next Halo is 1080p.



#199 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

    Once More 'Round the Sun

  • Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Joined: 14-September 03

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:31

There's already a topic about resolutiongate guys. This topic is about Kinect ;)

 

This





Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!