Photo
rime tequila works ps4 sony microsoft xbox 360 xbox one windows 8 windows phone 7

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 16:37

Too bad MS passed this game up. Looks like a very interesting one and I'll certainly pick it up as part of ps+ at some point.

Thankfully there is the indie program on the X1 that bypasses any interest MS may or may not have, but it sounds like these guys really needed funding from a publisher to finish their work.

#17 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 19 February 2014 - 16:46

Looks like a game i would like to try no doubt about it.

#18 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:06

What do you mean "don't know any better"?

They don't know of sites like GoG, Humble Store, GMG and loads others. For example, GoG almost always has better asking price/deals outside US when it comes to indies because the price is in $ for anyone.

#19 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:09

They don't know of sites like GoG, Humble Store, GMG and loads others. For example, GoG almost always has better asking price/deals outside US when it comes to indies because the price is in $ for anyone.

Ah ok, I thought you meant they didn't know any better about Early Access.

A little OT: as for GMG/HiB pricing, they've added local currency, or in the case of EU switched them to the £, so they've lost their advantages. Now everyone is $=£ (N)

#20 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:21

my guess.. money.  games like this dont bring in millions of dollars.  kids dont have their parents run out to pick up Rime...  AB said it perfectly though, MS needs to jump on the indie bandwagon.  Were #s ever released for similar indie games... like Journey?  Its a shame games like this usually get overlooked by the majority because they usually end up being gems.

I'm not sure I understand the "bizz" that well, but how does an underselling game hurt MS?  Don't they get their licensing fees from sells regardless?

#21 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:31

I'm not sure I understand the "bizz" that well, but how does an underselling game hurt MS?  Don't they get their licensing fees from sells regardless?

The situation here was regarding MS publishing the title, which meant giving the developer the funds to make the game. MS apparently felt it didnt fit in with games they want to directly fund.

This would not have barred the developer from using the ID@Xbox program to self publish their game, but they couldnt afford to do that.

#22 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:33

The situation here was regarding MS publishing the title, which meant giving the developer the funds to make the game. MS apparently felt it didnt fit in with games they want to directly fund.

This would not have barred the developer from using the ID@Xbox program to self publish their game, but they couldnt afford to do that.

Oh, I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

#23 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:50

The art direction is absolutely fresh. The character movements look a little Prince of Persia/Assassins Creed style. But loved the trailer.

Would definitely try if available for a reasonable price.

#24 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 20 February 2014 - 00:22

Some modesty from MS, good to see. Passing Rime recognized as a mistake.

3mqgTKg.png

#25 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 February 2014 - 00:24

Yep, real humans do work at MS and sometimes they can say the right thing.

#26 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:09

Never knew they passed on Guitar Hero, although I don't think it'd be alive today even if they had it instead of Kotick.

I miss the old head hunter XBLA had. Spencer makes these bad calls too often. Too many sequels and not enough fresh ideas.

C'est la vie I guess.

#27 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 February 2014 - 13:44

"in their [MS] defense, it has to be said that they didn't passed on it at first; project had been greenlighted and only when Xbox One plans made public and project couldn't adapt, it was decided not to carry on and we moved it with other publishers"

http://www.gamereact...udo adaptarse"/