Computer Chair - What to Get?

For your budget, I STRONGLY recommend either of the following

1. Go to your local Office Max. Yes, it is Office Max and no power computer users would be caught dead in one, but the truth is they have a whole lot of chairs to choose from. Buying a chair online, while you very well may wind up with a good one, is a risky proposition for sure. You should if at all possible sit down in the chair you are considering. You will have plenty of good options in your price range of $200
  2. If you or someone you know are a Costco member, go to one and check out the one or two chairs they will have on sale. I have not personally purchased one from Costco yet, but I have come damn close. They always have what appear to be pretty good chairs for a good price as well.

Truth is for under $200 you are not going to get a super great chair, but you can find a damn good one. But really considering your options, you should not purchase it online (unless of course you are somehow homebound, then by all means do what you need to do), but a good chair is like a good jacket. You really should try it on for size before settling on one. Again, you may luck out and order a good one first try online, but you really should try it out for yourself if possible.

• Like 1

Bought myself an Ikea Markus last weekend to replace my rather dilapidated-looking desk chair, and I rather like it. It cost me ?125 (I think it's $199 in the USA), and I enjoy the decent lumbar support. The armrests aren't the best, but for the price I think it's great. The lockable tilt adjustment makes it great for gaming on my PC with the controller too. I can just lay back with my feet on my desk :)

Another vote for the herman miller aeron. I know i know, it's damn expensive but i picked mine up off eBay for ?200 and it's changed my working day. Can sit in it, and have done regularly, for 16 hours a day and it doesn;t feel like you're sitting in a chair it's just so ergonomic it feels like floating in air. It also has a 15 year warranty, so if you buy a cheap chair and replace a bunch of times you've already spent more that the Aeron.