Looking for Gaming/Photo editing laptop

You use Mac product for photos.  But you have Steam? If so, you can play Steam on Mac. No problem.

You use Windows laptop for gaming.

:D

That would probably be something i'd do if I had money to throw around :laugh:

Lol more power? Try more bang for buck! LOL

I like maingear though a bit more expensive.

https://www.maingear.com/custom/notebooks/nomad17/customize.php

LOL.. more power which I meant RAM, SSD, best processor, etc...  Like you said that Acer is out of date... that's the reason I said more power to Asus... lol

I have not heard of Maingear before... but it seems interesting.   I will read more about it later.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guppy, did you ever end up getting a laptop? I'm in the same boat as you. My desktop is pretty long in the tooth, and I'm seriously entertaining the idea of getting a gaming laptop this time around.

Since you want to do photo editing, are you looking to get an IPS screen with your laptop?

Why are you ignoring the Lenovo y510p? It has a 1080p screen like you want, and it has a really great price/performance ratio. The specs aren't too bad, but admittedly the GPU is only a 755. If you wanted more graphics performance it's possible to use two 750s in SLI too. I'm just curious why this one didn't make the list, since it's considered one of the better gaming laptops from last year.

Also, have you heard about the Lenovo y50? It's the next generation of the y510p, and it's coming out in May of this year I believe. I'm personally waiting to see the reviews for this one before i decide anything. I think it is going to be pretty good.