I dun goofed big time with my RAID

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:35

Sorry you're right, it's four 1TB drives. I used to have four 500GB drives.

LOL OK, I was thinking "why has nobody said anything ?  Does everyone here know something about RAID that I dont know ?  Maybe I dont know a damned thing ?!?!"   whew

#32 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:28

Hello,
Sorry for going offtopic but comparing Neowin to Reddit is a joke :laugh:

I found it to be a very active and intelligent community, provided you ask in the right subreddits. I've also seen neowin headline/quote several reddit posts recently TBH - so I'm not sure what angle you are approaching this. Asking the same question to a broader audience never hurt anyone seeking knowledge. I think the OP knows how to wade through the added BS internet trolls will immediatly offer. I was trying to be as helpful as possible due to neowin being primarily a windows-focused site. I thought reddit could offer some further insight to the issue as it is incredibly diverse in users by comparison. I wasn't trying to shame neowin or its members or promote reddit in any way, sorry if thats how it was intrepreted. I was just trying to help a fellow site member resolve their problem ASAP.

#33 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:41

Have you tried using Acronis disk director to recover the partition?

#34 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:45

Hello,

I found it to be a very active and intelligent community, provided you ask in the right subreddits. I've also seen neowin headline/quote several reddit posts recently TBH - so I'm not sure what angle you are approaching this. Asking the same question to a broader audience never hurt anyone seeking knowledge. I think the OP knows how to wade through the added BS internet trolls will immediatly offer. I was trying to be as helpful as possible due to neowin being primarily a windows-focused site. I thought reddit could offer some further insight to the issue as it is incredibly diverse in users by comparison. I wasn't trying to shame neowin or its members or promote reddit in any way, sorry if thats how it was intrepreted. I was just trying to help a fellow site member resolve their problem ASAP.

There are a lot more helpful communities technologically wise than reddit (including some that are on par or a bit better at times than Neowin)

#35 koppit

koppit

Techy

Posted 25 February 2014 - 00:48

One we've used in house before is raid reconstructor - may be worth looking at.