• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 23:38

Which sleep are you configured for in the BIOS? I find S3 to generally give better results than S1.

#17 OP ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 19 February 2014 - 23:40

oh, for some odd reason i though you were running 8 :laugh:

Are all the updates installed? There was a problem back in the days were this same scenario would happen; it was fixed with Service Pack 1. http://support.micro...=rss&spid=14481

Again, check your pagefile settings.

Yes sir, both PC and laptop have SP1 (yeah, why wouldn't they...). To be fair, I'm having this problem since Vista! :D That's why I'm thinking that it might be a hardware problem.

Eric - yep, that's what I said. It's sleep, plain and simple. It's not that I can't live without it, I'm just puzzled about what may cause this.

#18 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 23:42

Yes sir, both PC and laptop have SP1 (yeah, why wouldn't they...). To be fair, I'm having this problem since Vista! :D That's why I'm thinking that it might be a hardware problem.

Eric - yep, that's what I said. It's sleep, plain and simple. It's not that I can't live without it, I'm just puzzled about what may cause this.

Try S3 and see if you get better results.

#19 OP ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 19 February 2014 - 23:48

Try S3 and see if you get better results.

I am using S3 but now that you mentioned it I'll try S1 tomorrow. For all I know S1 takes less time to recover.

#20 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 February 2014 - 00:03

I am using S3 but now that you mentioned it I'll try S1 tomorrow. For all I know S1 takes less time to recover.

can you configure to AUTO as well?

#21 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:42

I'm curious, can you verify that the PC is indeed not awake after sleep (i.e. that it isn't a display issue only)? You said there is HDD activity so I'm wondering

#22 OP ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:55

I'm curious, can you verify that the PC is indeed not awake after sleep (i.e. that it isn't a display issue only)? You said there is HDD activity so I'm wondering

The HDD behaves just like in a classical stuck. First it's overly occupied (the red light doesn't even blink) and then it just stops.

If it was a display issue (capacitors) it would still remain black after a normal boot which is not the case. It hasn't made me any problems so far.

Preator - unfortunately no. And S1 didn't help either :(

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!