MMOs - Why don't more follow this concept?

Millions of total players doesn't make it an mmo. At best it's co op.

6 player parties, and in cutthroat and pvp, you can have 12 players or maybe more in a zone. (PvP updates coming.) It's somewhere between co op and mmo.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. As I said, I thought the OP might enjoy the title so I suggested it.

Because having more than one class on a character usually completely unbalances the game, sure it can be more fun but it can also lead to some seriously powerful setups.

If you mean an MMO more like Guild Wars then I'd agree but a game that allows you to multiclass like RIFT etc is a bad idea imo. Even non-MMOs that allow you to do everything on one character like Elder Scrolls game can make you too powerful! :p

Perhaps allowing you to switch your class on your character and level it up again to earn spells and abilities like Guild Wars would be a nice touch but not allowing you access to all of the classes at once.

Guild Wars allows you to multiclass - in fact, it always has.  (I'm referring to the original - all characters are dual-class by default.)

Each class levels up independently, though skill-sets may cross over.  (That is if done in the Guild Wars fashion.)

The only single-skill-set characters in Guild Wars are NPCs.

6 player parties, and in cutthroat and pvp, you can have 12 players or maybe more in a zone. (PvP updates coming.) It's somewhere between co op and mmo.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. As I said, I thought the OP might enjoy the title so I suggested it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been playing PoE since alpha. Its a great game.

Something that would further make it 'role playing' is games like Wildstar, which is coming out soon. Certain races are restricted from certain classes. It'd be great to play an Aurin which is restricted to the non-tank classes so you would actually have to have at least 2 characters. Unless you were a human as they can play all the classes.

Guild Wars allows you to multiclass - in fact, it always has.  (I'm referring to the original - all characters are dual-class by default.)

Each class levels up independently, though skill-sets may cross over.  (That is if done in the Guild Wars fashion.)

The only single-skill-set characters in Guild Wars are NPCs.

The multiclass system in Guild Wars is different from those like RIFT etc though, for one, you can only change secondary classes, not your primary and you also only get class specific things. If you could switch both on the fly, I feel it'd be too powerful and as it is, some of the class combinations can be insane in Guild Wars as seen by the PvP and Farming builds over the years.