Tony Hawk: 'We Are Working on a New Game' No word on a developer yet.

Tony Hawk: 'We Are Working on a New Game' No word on a developer yet.
by Mitch Dyer February 20, 2014

Update: Activision has confirmed its involvement with a new Tony Hawk project. A representative told IGN, "Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon."

Original story:

A new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game is in development.

While reminiscing about the  Pro Skater series on his Demolition Radio show on SiriusXM, Tony Hawk said, ?We?re working on a game, we are working on a game, it's pretty cool.? A co-host, likely referring to motion capture, followed up, ?It?s a whole suit you have to put on."

Hawk and his hosts didn't elaborate any further, but reiterated numerous times, "We are working on a game." No developer was specified, though Robomodo most recently developed Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

IGN has yet to receive a comment from Activision on the future of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Hawk told IGN a couple years back that he'd love to see more of his series on "new consoles as they come."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/tony-hawk-we-are-working-on-a-new-game

Hopefully they learnt something from Black Box and EA's Skate (Y) Speaking of which, where is Skate 4? :p

Project 8 was probably the best TH game since THPS4, after that it was downhill IMO.

I found project 8 to be dire.

THPS2 was where it was at!

THPS2 is the undisputed king (along with it's soundtrack), but I loved the slow-mo feature ripped straight from this Girl team video.

Made me feel 15 again :wub:

Kick ass news.

I absolutely loved the trip down memory lane thanks to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. One of the only games I fully 100% in a long, long time actually.
I would be absolutely content with the same exact gameplay as THPS 1 & 2 & 4 but just next gen graphics. I would absolutely love that to be honest.

Way I see it S.K.A.T.E. had the realistic crown down pat (I would love a new version of that as well) so I say just stick to what made the series successful to begin with. Over the top, fluid arcade skating.

One can hope.

THPS2 is the undisputed king (along with it's soundtrack), but I loved the slow-mo feature ripped straight from this Girl team video.

Made me feel 15 again :wub:

Hah, that's the first yt video I've ever seen that's completely broken in the HTML5 player;

lLxJsOl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they learnt something from Black Box and EA's Skate (Y) Speaking of which, where is Skate 4? :p

This. Seems Skate 4 has been all but forgotten. :(

We?re working on a mobile game now,? he said. ?We?re working on a game for mobile devices this year. We?ve never gone exclusively in that direction yet so I?m excited because, with the amount of time people are spending on their phones and their tablets playing games, we?ve never had our own game in that space so I?m excited to provide one finally.? - Hawk

Just because lots of people use a phone or a tablet doesn't mean a game should be made for it. It will probably be profitable, but it will no doubt be cumbersome to play. I can't imagine how you could have even remotely useful controls for a game like this.

Tablets and phones are fine for games with the simple inputs a touch screen allows (swipe, draw, etc.). Tilt controls are usually crap. On-screen controls, D-Pads and the like, are going to be looked back on as one of the most ridiculous input methods ever devised.