Odd issue with OS drive

So I'm having the strangest issues with my OS drive, it seems to randomly 'disappear' at boot (get the error that the boot manager can't be located). According to my wife, yesterday she noticed that the background pic had not changed, and when she went over and tried to switch it the system became unresponsive, so she restarted the system but instead of booting windows, it popped up with the message about boot record. It has done this to me before as well, in fact 2 days ago when I first turned on the system, I had to reset all the BIOS setting (disable IDE, enable AHCI) which for some unknown reason it had reverted to some default settings. My first thought was that perhaps the CMOS battery was dieing, but I have replaced it not that long ago. I am really not sure what the issues might be, I have run Seatools and it passes all the tests run. My PSU is brand new, so I do not believe that it is a power issue.

^Possible, one other issue that I see is that when the system boots, and the AHCI info is shown, I do not see the HDD that is on SATA0(boot) and the DVD drive on SATA1. My friend suggested that I should check that all the cables are securely plugged in, which I just did. I am looking at any other possibilities.