[US] Nintendo March promotion nets free digital copy of either Pok

Nintendo March promotion nets free digital copy of either Pok?mon X or Pok?mon Y

Friday, 21st February 2014 13:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo and Toys R Us are planning a North American promotion which gives purchasers of a 2DS or 3DS XL a digital copy of Pok?mon X or Pok?mon Y.

pokemon-xandy1-600x170.png

According to a promo image snapped at one of the Toys R Us stores, the deal is set to go live in March.

All customers have to do in order to net a free copy of the latest Pok?mon title is purchase a Nintendo handheld and one of six games: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land or Yoshi?s New Island.

Register the game and system through Club Nintendo by March 31 and you will be the proud new owner of either Pok?mon X or Pok?mon Y.

It?s unknown whether the promotion is exclusive to Toys R Us at present.

We?ll keep you posted, and once the announcement has been made by Nintendo, we?ll be sure to inform you.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/21/nintendo-march-promotion-nets-free-digital-copy-of-either-pokemon-x-or-pokemon-y-report/

Since I am in the market for a 3ds XL.. I would have preferred if they gave me the option of which game I'd get.. I'd love to pick up Mario Land 3d and get Donkey Kong for free... I have zero interest in pokemon games.