WindowsPhone Store revenues rival Google Play Store

How is that possible given the immense difference between #downloaded apps?

Windows users are less cheap?

Available apps on windows are mostly payed?

what gives?

Ykoizl4.png

I saw that. But where are the source links pointing back to PC Magazine, MobiThinking...???  Without that, this chart and info is useless and anyone can make it up.  Sources need to link back to hard data.

How is that possible given the immense difference between #downloaded apps?

Windows users are less cheap?

Available apps on windows are mostly payed?

what gives?

We spend more, look at the line that says % of people who have never paid more than $1 per app. It's lower on WP by a bit, while the average number of apps per phone is also close. The fact is the average price is probably higher and also when something is cheap on WP it's often free on ios and or android, or it goes free quick.

Either way those are good numbers that any developer should take note of. Could also be why more and more official apps are coming over quicker now.

I saw that. But where are the source links pointing back to PC Magazine, MobiThinking...???  Without that, this chart and info is useless and anyone can make it up.  Sources need to link back to hard data.

I don't see this being a issue when other statistical analysis companies post their sales data or market share numbers and so on. Heck if you want details from them and so on then you have to pay for it.

I don't see this being a issue when other statistical analysis companies post their sales data or market share numbers and so on. Heck if you want details from them and so on then you have to pay for it.

Some other companies I seen actually say you need to pay to review the details or at least provide a link to pay and look at them.  This has nothing.  Without this info, or at least the option of paying to see the info....this is just useless and means nothing.

Jesus man could you at least put a credible source? The website you used is a laughing stock of the internet. Just have to do some research on the web. And Apple earned much more:

Apple has just announced via a press release this morning that customers have spent north of $10 billion in the App Store in 2013, including over an astounding $1 billion in sales in December alone.

Jesus man could you at least put a credible source? The website you used is a laughing stock of the internet. Just have to do some research on the web. And Apple earned much more:

Numbers for the app stores are also off.  Google has over 1million apps in the app store.  Same goes for Apple.  And Play Store downloads have topped 50 billion.

Crap stats and like I said before, no sources or even the option to view the source info makes these stats suspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Play

Might as well close this thread

the statistics are for iPhone,not including ipad. notice that it clearly says iPhone,and smartphone.

also,citigroup estimates google play store at $1.3 billion

http://news.yahoo.com/move-over-itunes-google-play-becoming-major-cash-192528091.html

1.3....the table/article you gave says 1.2.  Also, the info from Citi Group was posted on Nov 2013.  Missing a whole month.

they can project from previous data,plus like I said,these are only smartphone app revenues

Inaccurate and out dated stats.

no one actually thinks these types of statistics are %100 accurate. they give a rough estimate and help show trends.

they can project from previous data,plus like I said,these are only smartphone app revenues

no one actually thinks these types of statistics are %100 accurate. they give a rough estimate and help show trends.

Missing a whole month of data is worse than a rough estimate.  A month makes a big difference as Apple can state.  Apple had a good December for app store sales.   And even Wikipedia has source links to backup their stats and make question the info on a Wiki.  The OP link doesnt even offer a way to view the raw data and is something I could create in a few minutes.  The stats  could be accurate but personally, I am not going to claim either way because there is not enough info to make a claim either way.