Whether you believe it or not, what's your favourite conspiracy?

Mine? Aliens. I don't think they've ever visited us, I don't even have evidence there are any aliens at all and certainly none to suggest they posses the technology to visit us but I think it is my favourite conspiracy. I still read some U.F.O. alien conspiracy stuff every-so-often. It used to be "OMG! Aliens might totes be visiting us!" Now it is more of a spot the logical fallacy game.

Not exactly you're typical conspiracy theory, but I love the mystery surrounding UVB-76. Reminds me of storylines in Lost with looping messages/sirens and names being read etc.

Tinfoil blocks mind control rays... :D

That idea was started by the tin foil cartels to sell more tin foil. At the behest of the Illuminati, of course.  :D

The cure for cancer is out there but they don't want you to know about it.

Arguably one of the silliest. Imagine the profits which could be had if you had cures for even one form of cancer, let alone all of them.

That idea was started by the tin foil cartels to sell more tin foil. At the behest of the Illuminati, of course.  :D

Arguably one of the silliest. Imagine the profits which could be had if you had cures for even one form of cancer, let alone all of them.

There's more money to be made treating people long-term, than there is curing them. Food for thought, although I personally don't believe that either.

"Paul is dead" is an urban legend suggesting that Paul McCartney of the English rock band the Beatles died in 1966 and was secretly replaced by a look-alike.

In September 1969, American college students published articles claiming that clues to McCartney's supposed death could be found among the lyrics and artwork of the Beatles' recordings. Clue-hunting proved infectious and within a few weeks had become an international phenomenon. Rumours declined after a contemporary interview with McCartney was published in Life magazine in November 1969.

Source

• Like 1

There's more money to be made treating people long-term, than there is curing them. Food for thought, although I personally don't believe that either.

There probably is more money in the medicine than there is in the cure, but suppressing the existence of said cure would be pretty impossible as well.

The Dark Knight Satellite in orbit around the Earth. Supposedly sends radio messages. It was apparently noticed during the space race. The Americans and the Soviets blamed each other for it. It was apparently in a polar orbit which was impossible at the time with the tech of the day.

After the Cold War, NASA apparently changed its story to it being a leftover bit from a refueling module.

nasa%2Bufo%2Bblack%2Bnight.jpg

The Dark Knight Satellite in orbit around the Earth. 

I remember listening to a Skeptoid podcast about that not too long ago.

JFK conspiracy. I want to believe it was more than Oswald

Always got to be careful about what you want to believe and what the evidence is. Wanting to believe something is pretty much the genesis of every conspiracy theory.

• Like 2

As a kid, this book was my pride and joy. I took it everywhere.  Ironically, it was probably the most influential source of my scepticism.

wkI9vDU.jpg

Many people don't even know what 'conspiracy' means.

Those that believe every conspiracy is only an impossible theory, makes be chuckle.

You won't get to the truth, without exploring evidence and listening to witnesses.

I believe (hope) it's a joke, but there are those who claim:

1) There is no moon, it's a hoax

2) There are many moons - then they post photos of the moon against different famous monuments as proof

Many people don't even know what 'conspiracy' means.

Those that believe every conspiracy is only an impossible theory, makes be chuckle.

You won't get to the truth, without exploring evidence and listening to witnesses.

Considering that conspiracy theorists readily dismiss evidence which contradicts their claim, it makes me chuckle when they tell me to "do some research".

• Like 1

for me at the moment it's man made global warming because we apparently put out more CO2 in a year than an single volcanic eruptions does in one day YEAH RIGHT !!!!! pull me other one it plays jingle bloody bells 

This is by far my favorite but let me be very clear before i post it. I absolutely 100% dislike people who believe it is true and fight against those who have proof otherwise. My family has several members who were involved with it and a few other NASA missions and pretty much everything NASA and Space is very close to my family so it really upsets me when people adamantly believe that it was fake.

The Moon Landings were a hoax.

• Like 1

I believe (hope) it's a joke, but there are those who claim:

1) There is no moon, it's a hoax

2) There are many moons - then they post photos of the moon against different famous monuments as proof

The "is no moon" conspiracy was made up as satire by someone trying to illustrate how easy it is to manipulate facts into a cockamamie conspiracy theory.

But of course I'm sure there are people who actually believe it.

• Like 1