Xbox One Update: March 2014

That is the problem then, the 50hz setting isn't for you guys, but it does show you what most of Europe's problems where with this issue if you enable it.

That's what I figured but I was testing the 50hz and see how it goes... but it looked crap.

####ing awesome

You should have read the agreement before you accept the registration. It says there is no way to uninstall the update.... Once you update it, you have to wait until they have new update for next one..and it will fix the problems you may have.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about it too, but not sure if it's too late or not to decline updating and still be able to connect to XBL :/

I severely regret it at this point. Maybe I missed a warning saying I would lose the ability to connect with friends. 

I recall a warning saying that some functionality might be lost, but I didn't think it would have this kind of impact. I should have known better considering the issues I've had with my Xbone so far.

You should have read the agreement before you accept the registration. It says there is no way to uninstall the update.... Once you update it, you have to wait until they have new update for next one..and it will fix the problems you may have.

I must have missed that part, but I did read through it. Hopefully this can be a warning to others looking to try the beta, and why they should avoid it.

I severely regret it at this point. Maybe I missed a warning saying I would lose the ability to connect with friends. 

I recall a warning saying that some functionality might be lost, but I didn't think it would have this kind of impact. I should have known better considering the issues I've had with my Xbone so far.

I can't remember if every dashboard update has disabled communication between builds but it has happened before and they warn users. Unfortunately you've missed the small print this time :(

Think I'm stuck with it too now. Don't fancy being cut off when my FL doesn't have the preview.

Oh well, I'm sure it won't be long before the next firmware update, especially with Titanfall dropping soon. If I'm not mistaken, this is when Twitch streaming is going live?

Oh well, I'm sure it won't be long before the next firmware update, especially with Titanfall dropping soon. If I'm not mistaken, this is when Twitch streaming is going live?

It won't be long before we get a public update which it will be released to public with Xbox One consoles in about 2 weeks.

It won't be long before we get a public update which it will be released to public with Xbox One consoles in about 2 weeks.

I read that the update is supposed to be on March 4th so its only a few days

I need to check when I get home but I am hearing the 50hz TV judder issue is now fixed for UK folk, hopefully it doesn't break game playing.

You guys always make it look like it was only affecting the UK but it actually affects Europe in general and al lot of other regions in the world.

That's what I figured but I was testing the 50hz and see how it goes... but it looked crap.

So now you know what TV and DVD has been looking like for Europeans the whole time. DVD is not even affected by this fix, so it will still look like crap, even after the update.

Is this March update the one that is rumoured to give developers an updated SDK that has been said to help them out automatically on how they use esram and which 1 developer has come forward and said they will easily hit 1080p with the new SDK?

As far as I know, the SDK and the console are completely separate entities. The console itself wouldn't need an update for developers to make use of an updated SDK. the SDK just allows the developers to make use of what is already there on the xbox. Unless these fucntions are ALSO tied down on the xbox then they would need an xbox update and an SDK update, but we already know some first part title use the ESRAM function, just not as easily as the SDK will allow. 

I must have missed that part, but I did read through it. Hopefully this can be a warning to others looking to try the beta, and why they should avoid it.

Apparently you can invite friends to join you in the preview so that you don't have this issue.

My Xbox just updated again today and something I did not noticed yesterday was a new option under System which is Update Controller which I assume is to update the drivers. There is also a new build number.

Build: 6.2.10694.0 (xb_rel_1403.140225-2200) fre

Pictures

IMG_20140228_093045.jpg

IMG_20140228_093053.jpg

Yeah, they said there was going to be a controller update along with the March update. I like the fact they can update parts of the system without needing a large dashboard update like with the 360.

The April update (or the update that follows the March update) will get the pop toast notification for friends signing on:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/28/5456410/twitch-xbox-one-vs-ps4-streaming

https://twitter.com/notwen

https://twitter.com/crecenteb great article! We won't have friends online notifications in March. Want to get it just right. Next update http://t.co/H3TZNRioh4

? Marc Whitten (@notwen) https://twitter.com/notwen/statuses/439456583328608256

My Xbox just updated again today and something I did not noticed yesterday was a new option under System which is Update Controller which I assume is to update the drivers. There is also a new build number.

Build: 6.2.10694.0 (xb_rel_1403.140225-2200) fre

Pictures

IMG_20140228_093045.jpg

IMG_20140228_093053.jpg

Yesterdays update for me has the controller update option, my build number is currently Build: 6.2.10690.0

Apparently people in the preview can request friends to be added to beta also? If so i sure wouldn't mind been invited :)

Apparently people in the preview can request friends to be added to beta also? If so i sure wouldn't mind been invited :)

I have been trying to remember where i saw that option to do it as someone wants in but i cant find it, does anyone know where i can find it please?

I have been trying to remember where i saw that option to do it as someone wants in but i cant find it, does anyone know where i can find it please?

Post there gamertag in this forum and they might get an invite, you can only see the forum if you are already in the beta.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_update_preview/registration_support/f/4597.aspx

If someone doesn't mind me messaging them my gamer tag that would be very kind :)

If someone doesn't mind me messaging them my gamer tag that would be very kind :)

Message me your gamertag and then after you have accepted on xbox live i will add you to the invite thread on the private forum then you may get lucky.

• Like 1

Message me your gamertag and then after you have accepted on xbox live i will add you to the invite thread on the private forum then you may get lucky.

Cheers, very good of you! (Y)

Friend request sent as soon as added i will put you on the forum.

I've accepted, much appreciated :)