Xbox One Update: March 2014

If someone can hook me up with that forum as well would be appreciated. DirtyLawrence is my GT.

If someone can hook me up with that forum as well would be appreciated. DirtyLawrence is my GT.

You might as well wait. If I remember correctly the update will be released on the 4th so its only 2 days away.

They said the 4th but as always it's probably a rollout and not everyone will get it at once.  Either way it'll be out before TitanFall on the 11th.

I received the invitation to register for the Xbox One Preview program. It's too late for the March update, but I'll be in on any future testing.

So far I haven't received the March 4th update

So I guess march 4th was not the release date.. Prob going to be the 9th or 10th with titanfall on the 11th

It's rolling out today...

The March system update for Xbox One is starting to roll out today, addressing some of the biggest feedback you?ve shared with us.

This significant update includes improved matchmaking, party chat and friends features that will make gaming on Xbox One an experience like no other. This update means next week you?ll be able to enjoy Titanfall on the best multiplayer service on the planet, using a new headset or the one you already own, while live broadcasting your games on Twitch (when the updated Twitch app arrives next week.)

How do you get the new update? For the vast majority of Xbox One owners who use ?Instant On? (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying ?Xbox On?), the console automatically checks for updates when customers turn it off. This means that once we?ve made the March update available (late tonight, Pacific Time), the next time you turn your console off it will take the update during off-peak hours in your local time. Ultimately, you?ll see it sometime in the next day or two.

For more information on this system update, click over to Xbox Wire. Here is a longer list of the features you?ll see in this update:

Improved Multiplayer & Party chat

Cross title party chat

Party chat on by default

Easier multiplayer invites

Easier multiplayer joining

Ability to see what the people in your party are doing

Improved Friends List + Profile

Improved friends list utility & speed of access

Ability to see people you recently played games with

See when friends are broadcasting, including live broadcast thumbnails in activity feed

Get to a friend?s profile faster using type-ahead suggestions

Contextual app menu actions on friends list and activity feed items

Enabled more multiplayer (join and invite) actions on user profiles

54 new contest-winning gamerpics

Twitch TV live streaming support

Broadcast gameplay on Twitch.TV through Xbox LIVE (When the updated Twitch app ships next wee)

Voice support for starting and ending broadcast

Bringing out social in home

See favorite friends currently online

See friends broadcasting gameplay

Miscellaneous shell improvements

Improved notification center experiences including ?quiet mode?

View Game Clips while in snap mode

Protect user settings with passkey

Browser improvements

Control Bing and Google maps with gesture and controller

Quick search when highlighting a term on a page

When searching from Bing search on the console, direct link to Internet Explorer in order to see additional web results.

New Devices ? Driver and Firmware updates

Firmware update to the Xbox One controller to support the Xbox One stereo headset adapter

Support for 1st and 3rd party headsets

Driver updates for the Xbox One Media Remote

SmartGlass Improvements

Push notification to your device for Xbox Live messages

Quickly see what a friend is doing including presence and recent

Enhanced viewing of personal and a friend?s game progress and clips

Ability to close snap from SmartGlass

Live TV

50Hz fix ? users can set the Live TV app to display at 50Hz for full or fill modes

Volume up/down adjustments ? user can tailor the number of volume increments when using ?volume up? or ?volume down? commands

IR blasting of power & volume to TVs/AVRs in all regions

AVR setup maps to include model number for most sound bars or AVRs when setting up TV

Improved Audio output support

SPDIF (optical out) now supports 5.1 Dolby Digital ? enabling devices such as sound bars with only Optical In to be able to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital from console over optical

HDMI output now supports stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed or 5.1 Dolby Digital live or 5.1 DTS

http://majornelson.com/2014/03/04/xbox-one-march-system-update-rolling-out-today/

Video at the link.

I know a lot of users in the UK that will be very interested in the Live TV improvements. I really hope they fixed the 50Hz issue with it. Plus, control over volume increments is great.

Pretty nice list of changes. I look forward to giving it a try myself soon.

It started going out today but some people might not get it till tomorrow or the day after, don't know who fast they're going to roll it out.

I know a lot of users in the UK that will be very interested in the Live TV improvements. I really hope they fixed the 50Hz issue with it. Plus, control over volume increments is great.

Pretty nice list of changes. I look forward to giving it a try myself soon.

The 50hz issue is fixed for me with live TV, if you want to SEE what i was experiencing then you can do so by setting yours to 50hz and you will see it judder.

I woke up to the new update this morning for general release.

So Xbox One will get a feature update at least every month? Better then Sony...

I'm not sure they will do this every month or not. But they will make sure the updates have meaning for the most part...

Edit: This is what Microsoft does. They are just very slow at times

I'm not sure they will do this every month or not. But they will make sure the updates have meaning for the most part...

It seems like this. There's already whispers around the April update include friend notifications. With them being experts in software, a 4 week release cycle would hardly be hard for them. Especially when the OS is based on common code with separate apps. Makes for easy work flows.

That's a sizeable update with decent additions (that arguably should have been there from the start) but appreciated nonetheless. 

Anyone have any idea what Improved notification center experiences including ?quiet mode?  is?

Xbox One external hard drive support still planned for a future update

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_external_hard_drive_support_still_planned_for_a_future_update.html

"We value all of the feedback we're getting from you. Keep it coming! We are listening," wrote Whitten on Xbox Wire. "We know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It's on our list too. We're working on that for a future update and will keep you posted.

"We're also working on friends notification improvements and experimenting with how to make that better."

The 50hz issue is fixed for me with live TV, if you want to SEE what i was experiencing then you can do so by setting yours to 50hz and you will see it judder.

I woke up to the new update this morning for general release.

Great news. I know how much you were struggling to get around the issue. If you know others that were having the issue, I'd love to know if it fixed it for them as well.

Xbox One external hard drive support still planned for a future update

I'm glad that they at least bring it up so we know its being worked on.

Personally, I'm not close to filling up my drive, so I'm not desperate for it. I'll probably be ready to add one around the time that they add support.

Great news. I know how much you were struggling to get around the issue. If you know others that were having the issue, I'd love to know if it fixed it for them as well.

Personally, I'm not close to filling up my drive, so I'm not desperate for it. I'll probably be ready to add one around the time that they add support.

I am at 55% used after adding project spark yesterday. 20GB for Titanfall next Tuesday will drop it more. I will add Madden 25 and then that's it for awhile it seems.

Haven't received the update yet here in the US.  Instant On enabled, Even unplugging, plugging back in, start up, no update.  Guess the waiting continues

Haven't received the update yet here in the US.  Instant On enabled, Even unplugging, plugging back in, start up, no update.  Guess the waiting continues

Just give it time...  it is being rolled out .... not all users at once...

Received the update sometime over night as when I woke up this morning the power brick light was orange. Turned on the Xbox and it began updating immediately. I then performed the controller update. So far so good!

As stated, it's a rollout.  Also, while it finds the update when you turn it off with Instant On on, it waits to download it until off-peak hours in your time zone. Fooling around as you are isn't going to get it to you faster.

Other people i know with the issue say it is fixed for TV although there is 1 person that has said playing DVDs still have judder.

As stated, it's a rollout.  Also, while it finds the update when you turn it off with Instant On on, it waits to download it until off-peak hours in your time zone. Fooling around as you are isn't going to get it to you faster.

130pm CST seems like off peek to me on a weekday

I don't know about April but the odds of a update for May are high in my opinion.