xbox one microsoft dashboard update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#166 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 07 March 2014 - 17:19

Keep in mind that most of the improvements to TV are related to those outside the US that use the 50hz setting. I'm not sure what, if anything, was changed for US TV users.

Have you run through the 'didnt hear me' troubleshooting option since the update?

Along with what was already mentioned, if you go to TV & OneGuide/Devices, you can manually remove all the devices you have added.

I've run that thing a million times...  Maybe I'll give it another go this weekend...  Funny thing is, once in the OS, Kinect hears me perfectly fine...

Only "Xbox On" giving me trouble....  Even Xbox Turn Off, works without issue...

#167 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 07 March 2014 - 17:39

Wired or wireless?

There is no wireless version nor any 3rd party wireless headset released AFAIK.

#168 TheDreamX

TheDreamX

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Moto X

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:10

Still waiting for a DLNA player... The only reason I keep my 360 around is so that I don't have to pull out my phone to "PlayTo" the One, which rarely works anyway.

#169 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:17

Still waiting for a DLNA player... The only reason I keep my 360 around is so that I don't have to pull out my phone to "PlayTo" the One, which rarely works anyway.

I hear you on that...

I keep my iPad near by for this as well... I RDP into my PC from my iPad, the Right Click and Play To as well...  drives me nuts...  If Microsoft can truly nail some type of DLNA (Lets not leave Media Center Out  :D ) integration,  they will have made a TON of people happy... And maybe even sell a few extra consoles along the way to Video/Audiophiles...

#170 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:26

There is no wireless version nor any 3rd party wireless headset released AFAIK.

Everyone had to wait on the adapter to come out first before they launched their wireless lines.. 

Turtle Beach Xbox One Headsets Launch On March 7th

http://www.cinemable...-7th-62412.html

#171 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:43

Everyone had to wait on the adapter to come out first before they launched their wireless lines.. 

Turtle Beach Xbox One Headsets Launch On March 7th

http://www.cinemable...-7th-62412.html

Like I said, there are no wireless headsets :p

#172 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 March 2014 - 20:02

I've run that thing a million times...  Maybe I'll give it another go this weekend...  Funny thing is, once in the OS, Kinect hears me perfectly fine...
Only "Xbox On" giving me trouble....  Even Xbox Turn Off, works without issue...

I wish someone could figure out why it works so poorly for some people and not for others.

I have yet to run into an issue using the command, but who knows what could be different that is cuasing that result.

#173 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 07 March 2014 - 20:09

They are wired to the controller. Not to the back of the TV. They came with the headset adapter which came out today as well for $24.99. So you can use the adapter with other headsets as well, like we have a nice pair of Turtlebeach's we couldn't use with the xbox one. Now we can with the adapter. 

Nice I did not know the headsets included the adapter. I may pick them up now that I know that is the case.

I wish someone could figure out why it works so poorly for some people and not for others.

I have yet to run into an issue using the command, but who knows what could be different that is cuasing that result.

I think it is simply just a matter of the T in Turn that makes "Turn Off" vs "On" more recognized between the two words. It is a very distinctive sound in the language, meaning the T.

#174 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 March 2014 - 23:02

Thanks. I did not know this.

I forgot to add that I'm not saying you should not try it when you have a chance just to test it out. I dont know what problems you were having with it before, but this update did include changes that they did not list specifically (including chances to how devices are handled in the TV settings), so it could include something small that improves your experience.

#175 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 09 March 2014 - 00:30

update: Loving the headset. They sound REALLY good. Nice bass response and everything. I actually tested them out on my iPhone 5s and they sounded great. I also used the mic to make a phone call. I looked like I was part of some tech support with the headset and mic talking to my wife. 

#176 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:33

Details of the April update just dropped.

• Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
  • Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
  • Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
  • Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.

Source: http://news.xbox.com...e-april-preview

#177 +ChuckFinley

ChuckFinley

member_id=28229

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:39

With monthly updates it smacks to me that they rushed it so much. 

#178 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:44

With monthly updates it smacks to me that they rushed it so much. 

Well even if it was rushed I am glad that Microsoft is being proactive and listening to customer feedback and updating monthly, it's nice to see them actually supporting the console.

#179 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 March 2014 - 14:02

I forgot to add that I'm not saying you should not try it when you have a chance just to test it out. I dont know what problems you were having with it before, but this update did include changes that they did not list specifically (including chances to how devices are handled in the TV settings), so it could include something small that improves your experience.

"Xbox On" now works better that I have taken it off the mount on the TV, to the front of the tv... 

#180 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 18 March 2014 - 17:41

Topic Closed.

April 2014 update topic can be found here.